LegacyGT.com

05 LGT vs E46 M3

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
moded or unmoded?

18-20g with supporting mods, given you are a decent driver

I know a stage 2 setup (with TMIC) could edge out an M3 convertable (little heavier than the coupe)...not that I am speaking from experience or anything. :p

I know a stage 2 setup (with TMIC) could edge out an M3 convertable (little heavier than the coupe)...not that I am speaking from experience or anything. :p

+100:lol::lol: And the vert was well driven!

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

My previous 06 Legacy sedan was TDC Stage II protuned with Cobb HFC DP, Bosal UP, and AEM CAI (270whp/303wtq) and I spanked an e46 M3 off the line a couple of times...

Just an FYI

On the highway, it would probably be a different story.

Well see the issue here is that BMWs are geared to accelerate faster at higher speeds (i.e. like on the Autobahn)

An upgraded turbo/tmic should do the trick....(in addition to your stage II mods....you are probably talking at least a couple grand once its said and done....

FP green, FMIC, injectors and fuel pump....along w/ stage 2+ mods....I am guessing but 4-5k...? I think THAT would take care of your BMW 'problem'...imagine that? The E46 M3 is soo strong it would take all those mods to handle it. BMW makes a nice car.
Rehab is for quitters.

FP green, FMIC, injectors and fuel pump....along w/ stage 2+ mods....I am guessing but 4-5k...? I think THAT would take care of your BMW 'problem'...imagine that? The E46 M3 is soo strong it would take all those mods to handle it. BMW makes a nice car.

Then for a follow up, after spending at least $4-5K for a reliable setup capable of hanging with an E46 M3, he can get ass raped by an E90 335i with a Dinan ECU tune.:lol:

Then he can waste some money trying to get up to par with a 384hp 421lb-ft BMW.

yeah. it's gay.

even the vishnu procede is claming 400hp for the 335..

didn't know our cars are that slow compared to M3s and 335s.

with all that money spent, i should be better off just getting a used M3.

they're going for like mid 20gs now. :(

yeah. it's gay.

even the vishnu procede is claming 400hp for the 335..

didn't know our cars are that slow compared to M3s and 335s.

with all that money spent, i should be better off just getting a used M3.

they're going for like mid 20gs now. :(

All the money spent ??

Stage 1 isn't exactly pushing the boat out :lol:

My buddy pulled on a stock convertible E46 M3 with his stage 2 07 WRX (Invidia tbe, prodrive CAI, and OTS ap 93 tune.)

and i also kept up with a 335i dinian reflash automatic. and my mods on the legasaurs are only your basic stage 2 (autospeed TBE, AP OTS 93 octane tune)

and i also kept up with a 335i dinian reflash automatic. and my mods on the legasaurs are only your basic stage 2 (autospeed TBE, AP OTS 93 octane tune)

Sure you did.:rolleyes:

Did the driver of said 335i know that you were racing? I ask because a stock 335i is a low 13 second car that traps between 104-106mph in the 1/4. The Dinan, or Vishnu tuning for that car should get it to maybe 13 seconds flat, or high 12's and trap out near 110.

I have not heard of many LGT's let alone stage II cars getting near those trap speeds. Think more like stage IV with full on turbo swaps and plenty of other supporting mods.

Why are you so worried about beating an M3?

It's not that i'm worried about it, I just want to. :)

Yeah, stage 1 isn't shit in money, but i'm talking about the amount of money needed to be spent to be on par with one.

the reason I guess that I want to be in the same league of performance is cuz the M3 is like the benchmark for sport sedans.. or coupes or whatever. you get what I mean.

With only stage 2 and a stock turbo?:lol:

I hope you were replying to hutru01.

I found this to give our young friend an idea of what a tuned 335i can do with a good driver.

http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-335i-Timeslip-13907.html

12.3999 and a trap of 116.8mph. Ouch.

nice, that is vishnu's shop car, no? Drag radials + 98 octane and a retune is very impressive.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

nice, that is vishnu's shop car, no? Drag radials + 98 octane and a retune is very impressive.

Mike

I would assume that it is considering Shiv is listed as the driver. That must have been one nasty tune, most other time slips have been more in the high 12's low 13's with traps from 107-110 for a tuned 335i on pump gas and street times.

Archived