LegacyGT.com

02 WRX with 141K

collegemt

My brother in law is in the market for a used WRX. I found a great deal on a 02 WRX with 141K. It is bone stock, looks pretty clean. It was used as a commuter car. The asking price is $7500, which i think is a steal. Anything i should look out for?

Holy crap... Talk about a commuter... He musta lived in that thing.

I would personally be scared away by the milage, and that price (IMO) isnt all that great for the miles on it. I'd say talk em down to $6k and then hope its all highway break in miles and that its still got a lot of life left.

And who would use a WRX as a commuter car, like seriously... Its not great on gas, the ride isnt super smooth, hrmm... Just my 2 bits

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

141k is nothing to be scared off from if its a reasonable driver who maintained the car.

I would be scared of 21 year old's 45k car that has been modded and abused.

If your brother is serious find a local qualified subaru tech (dealer or independent shop) and pay for a check over the entire car. Usually this runs about $100 but varies by region.

141k is nothing to be scared off from if its a reasonable driver who maintained the car.

I would be scared of 21 year old's 45k car that has been modded and abused.

If your brother is serious find a local qualified subaru tech (dealer or independent shop) and pay for a check over the entire car. Usually this runs about $100 but varies by region.

Thanks for the help, I think we might try this.

there HAS to be a better deal out there.

141k on a turbocharged car is no joke. yes the owner may have taken superb care of it. but the odds are stacked against you on this one.

car for sale. PM me!

there HAS to be a better deal out there.

141k on a turbocharged car is no joke. yes the owner may have taken superb care of it. but the odds are stacked against you on this one.

I don't know about Subaru but my parents 1991 Volvo 740 turbo intercooler is still on original turbo and never any internal motor work nearing 300k miles. Dino changes every 3k miles and a good independent Volvo mechanic.

Yea but you will never get a rex for that kind of price. Mine 05 WRX has 90,000 miles put in three years (yes I do commute). If it was never modified it is probably a good thing. Service and maintainance will be important. As an adult driver I took great care of my ride . I don't think a subie turbo can reach 300k easily but 200k should not be out of the question. 1st and 2nd gear in the tranny was and is a weak point but the clutches do better than the LGT's . Best car I ever had was an 97 lgt that lasted to 260,000 miles until I traded for the rex.

Archived