LegacyGT.com

Screw You Progress Technology!!!

ipozestu

Lastly, Jan 2005 is when the instructions were updated (not the bar) and the reinforcement brackets were added to the kit. We have looked at that bar since then and determined that if we make any bend changes to the bar we would either a) lose the adjustabilty or b) contact the stock exhaust system and we weren't comfortable with either of those side effects.

Yes, I work at Progress and there is plently of other happy Legacy drivers with Progress bars on this car with no issues. If issues do arise you could always contact us (http://www.progressauto.com/contactus.html) to get them resolved.

This makes it seem as if you are representing progress. If you are not, you shouldn't refer to progress as 'we' or 'us'. You criticized his approach to the problem... and you sure seemed angry about it. This is why I thought you lost your cool. I would suggest that if you aren't representing the company, you don't mention that you work for them and refer to yourself as part of Progress.

This makes it seem as if you are representing progress. If you are not, you shouldn't refer to progress as 'we' or 'us'. You criticized his approach to the problem... and you sure seemed angry about it. This is why I thought you lost your cool. I would suggest that if you aren't representing the company, you don't mention that you work for them and refer to yourself as part of Progress.

i think he mentioned it as not to mislead the OP into thinking that joe was an unrelated party.

like when people make a review they'll say "i work for this company but here's what i think" as not to lose their OWN credibility when someone points out they work at that company.

at any rate. i've met joebert in person and he's a nice guy. i dont see anything wrong with what joe said. its hard to damage control on an internet board....

at any rate, personal attacks on the internet are pretty crappy :lol:.

OP: talk to progress and hopefully your issue can get sorted out.

car for sale. PM me!

sometimes it's hard to ascertain emotion through text... people see what they want to see

car for sale. PM me!

Sarcastic criticism often comes through quite clearly.

only person i see here doing much of that in this thread is you;)

at any rate the OP just needs to talk to progress. "Screw you progress technology" is not really the best route when you're looking to get an issue settled.

car for sale. PM me!

only person i see here doing much of that in this thread is you;)

at any rate the OP just needs to talk to progress. "Screw you progress technology" is not really the best route when you're looking to get an issue settled.

sometimes it's hard to ascertain emotion through text... people see what they want to see

Actually, only my last quote was sarcastic. If you read my others, they are pretty straight forward. ;)

Just because you think the other guy is a nice guy, doesn't mean that he didn't handle the situation inappropriately. He identified himself as an employee of the company the OP was complaining about and criticized the OP in an immature way. Also, you may want to re-read the first post... he never mentioned getting the issue settled, he was ranting. Kind of a big difference.

You may want to try to put your personal relationships aside when you're commenting on an issue like this :p

Also, you may want to re-read the first post... he never mentioned getting the issue settled, he was ranting. Kind of a big difference.

With that said, if the bar was preloading things right off the bat, why would you install it? If the bar is indeed bent out of spec, we would be able to put it in our fixture and find out right away.

Like I said before, if the bar is preloading to either side something is wrong with that bar. Maybe a defective bar slipped through the cracks, that's why you call.

In both my first and second replys to this thread I stated that if the bar was preloading to either side there is a good chance that it somehow made it through QC while being out of spec. While this is something that doesn't happen all the time or something that we are happy about, it can happen from time to time.

I'm not trying to discredit or slander the OP in any way but when you come straight to a forum and inform 10,000+ registered forum members along with 20,000+ other forum lurkers that "Progress sucks" yet you have never contacted Progress to try to get things resolved before hand it is rather irritating. The negative effects that forums can have on manufacturers is pretty crazy. It's one thing to go on record that a company has blatently ripped you off but if you don't give the company a chance to handle it in private before taking the issue public then you have already caused damage to the company's repuation. At that point i'm doing damage control, not customer service.

In both my first and second replys to this thread I stated that if the bar was preloading to either side there is a good chance that it somehow made it through QC while being out of spec. While this is something that doesn't happen all the time or something that we are happy about, it can happen from time to time.

I'm not trying to discredit or slander the OP in any way but when you come straight to a forum and inform 10,000+ registered forum members along with 20,000+ other forum lurkers that "Progress sucks" yet you have never contacted Progress to try to get things resolved before hand it is rather irritating. The negative effects that forums can have on manufacturers is pretty crazy. It's one thing to go on record that a company has blatently ripped you off but if you don't give the company a chance to handle it in private before taking the issue public then you have already caused damage to the company's repuation. At that point i'm doing damage control, not customer service.

I agree with you 100%. That is a very well-stated valid point.

Hows the ride on the springs...

I'm trying to decide between progress or ions because both have progressive front springs.

I am on the Spec-B 18's and the ride with the Progress on Bilstein HDs is great, actually I would dare to say perfect. Nice and controlled, good road feel, but never harsh, and no rubbing issues. Highly recomended.:) I have never riden in an Ion car to compare the two.

Archived