LegacyGT.com

Stutter issue

gugarci

The stuttering issue on some of the Legacy turbos really has me concerned. I was all set to wait for a manual 09 Legacy GT or Spec B. But I'm still reading about stuttering issues on some Legacy's with no fix in sight. I know myself and this is the kind of shit that would drive me nuts. Rattles don't bother me but stuttering during acceleration will.:(

I've driven an MS3 and I could certainly live with that car happily. But I'd be lying if I said I couldn't use the AWD. My driveway is at the back of my house on a long hill. Are there any other Subaru's stuttering???

Just curios but do the 08 STI's stutter??? How about the 07 STI's my brother just picked up a used one.

Thanks.

I searched and I see that only 60 owners have signed up for the "petition" regarding the stutter issue.

That doesn't sound too widespread considering the thousands of Legacy GTs and Outback XTs that have been sold.

Regarding the original poster, I looked at the Mazdaspeed3 hard before buying my Outback XT; I decided that AWD was a requirement for me, however. Heated seats too! No heated seats on the Speed3.

• 2 weeks later...

the cobb ap can flash your car back to stock in ten minutes so no worries with the dealer. But it costs $700

I had really bad stutter, subaru can't and won't fix it. It drives much better after stage one and custom tunes are even better.

the cobb ap can flash your car back to stock in ten minutes so no worries with the dealer. But it costs $700

I had really bad stutter, subaru can't and won't fix it. It drives much better after stage one and custom tunes are even better.

Well said.

I went direct to Stage II and previous stutter all but gone. Don't get me wrong the car did stutter but it wasn't even close to a make or break issue. You simply learn to drive in such a way to avoid it.

It certainly wasn't annoying enough that it would prevent me from buying the same car again ... especially considering all of the wonderful things about the car.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the dealer re-flash. I had some mild stutter, got it re-flashed at the dealer and bam, no more stutter. sure, you could go stage 1 or 2 and get rid of it, but a dealer reflash is free ;)

Few have had the stutter completely embelished by the factory reflash; and in most cases it comes back within 1000 miles. The cobb AP is, thus far, a permanent fix that has worked for all that have chimed in on these forums.
lol

Few have had the stutter completely embelished by the factory reflash; and in most cases it comes back within 1000 miles. The cobb AP is, thus far, a permanent fix that has worked for all that have chimed in on these forums.

Well said.

i had stutter

dealer reflash did nothing but ruin gas mileage

ap stg1 worked, then it came back after a few hundred miles

stg2 was pretty good, was only there for a day though

stg2+tmic+protune = no stutter at all

i had stutter

dealer reflash did nothing but ruin gas mileage

Thats what happened to me. Reflash cost me 25-30% in gas milage. Stutter came back within 1500 miles but the crappy gas milage stayed.

Just flashed my wifes car with a stage I AP. She used to have a very noticeable stutter, now it is all but gone. Just a very slight "hint" of it. Thinking of getting protuned to get her dialed in ;)

Thats what happened to me. Reflash cost me 25-30% in gas milage. Stutter came back within 1500 miles but the crappy gas milage stayed.

Hmm, I'm almost to 1000mi after my reflash and it has not came back, and my gas milage is the same, so maybe the tune is getting better or something?

The dealer reflash fixed most (95%?) of the stutter. Only under WOT acceleration did I feel some itty bitty stutters. Gas mileage stayed about the same. AP Stage I removed the stutter totally and gas mileage stayed about the same. AP State II kept the stutter gone and made the car pull like my STi did with the factory tune. Gas mileage went UP!

Dad has an 07 GT and his stutter went away with the dealer reflash. I haven't discussed his fuel economy though but I'm sure I would have heard about it had it gone sucky.

My OTS Cobb map was not much better than stock tune. E-tune Pdx maps for stage I and II are much better, still slightly noticeable.

:rolleyes:"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." :spin:

Archived