LegacyGT.com

Badimere Speedway 4-27-08

collegemt

Coys Wheel.com Street Machine Showdown

http://www.bandimere.com/illustrations/Streetmachineshowdown.jpg Street Legal event - Cars, Bikes, Truck, Imports!

Dates:

Apr/27/2008

Test your Street Rod out against other Street Legal Hot Rods at the first Specialty event of the year at Bandimere Speedway. Bracket Style eliminations, no electronics allowed.

Also featuring the WILD US Performance Street Outlaw series and also the first King Street Race of the year.

Gates Open: 8:00 a.m.

Racer: $30

King Street: $40

Ultimate Street: $100

Contact Us

Bandimere Speedway

3051 South Rooney Road

Morrison, CO 80465

(303) 697-6001

Who Wants to go? I was thinking about going, but it is coming up real soon.

Count me in for a Wednesday night or two this year. My clutch won't hold up to a stiff launch though... 52K on the stocker so maybe I'll upgrade it this summer anyhow. I went once last year and put together a terrible 15.07 run @96mph. I'd like to hit 14.0 this year but I don't know if it's possible with the stock turbo at altitude.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

^^ nope. Best i could get was 14.7 at stage 2+

(best at sea level was 14.0 at stage 1)

I agree mwiener - breaking into the 13's isn't going to happen with a stock turbo. For a more realistic goal, I'll set my sights on 14.3

What do you expect to hit this year with your new setup?

My '05 LGT

14.5 would be realistic. My 14.7 was at 250TQ and 235HP. That's alot for up here

When I was on the dyno last summer I was at 228whp/240tq. That was 95 degrees, snow tires, untuned fuel, stock TMIC and 15psi peak boost. I've improved on all those fronts so I think I caught up to where you were powerwise and my rig is a lighter... but you're right that might not add up to better than 14.5.

So... 13.8 for you, mwiener?

My '05 LGT

So who is going?

I am think I am going on Wednesday next week 4-30-08 for test and tune. Gate opens at 4pm and you run as many times as you can until 8:45. I figured i should learn how to drag race before i enter in a actual race.

Anyone else in?

I can't go that date. If that's the first Wednesday of the season I'd recommend not going. I went to the last session of the year last October. I got there around 5:15pm and waited in line until 8pm to get a single run in.

Still, I'd like you to go and beat my lousy 15.0 run that I had that night, Adam.

The next Weds I could go is 5-21 if anyone is interested for that night.

My '05 LGT

I can't go that date. If that's the first Wednesday of the season I'd recommend not going. I went to the last session of the year last October. I got there around 5:15pm and waited in line until 8pm to get a single run in.

Still, I'd like you to go and beat my lousy 15.0 run that I had that night, Adam.

The next Weds I could go is 5-21 if anyone is interested for that night.

I think i will still try and go, but get there early. I might try and go 5-15 as well.

So I went to Bandimere tonight (4-30-07), and it was a blast/ I got there at 3:45 and started racing at 4:45m intotal i got 8 runs in by 7:30, awesome huh!

It was my first time drag racing so it was a learning expierence. My average time was 14.9 and my best was a 14.5.

I was doing a 4K launch and bogged it a couple of times, very challenging to do. I saw another LGT (non forum member) with spt intake and exhaust run best time of 16.34but it was a 5eat. I also saw a stock 08 WRX run a 15.7.

Me vs. Scion tc with intake exhaust and chip:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acCptvimujM]YouTube - Legacy Gt vs. Scion tc[/ame]

Me vs mustang GT 5.0

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DrO48V82Ks]YouTube - Legacy GT vs Mustang GT[/ame]

14.5 run time slip attachted: I was in the right lane.

962013880_scannedimageoftimeslip14.5.thumb.jpg.780cc80853ca02cd38a7f43bd5658254.jpg

Damn that's awesome, Adam. I can hear your baby cheering for you! 14.5 sounds pretty damn good. I can't believe you got 8 runs in too. I'm jealous. Your clutch will be like mine soon at that rate...;) I looked at my timeslip from last year when I had a single run of 15.0. I also trapped the 1/8 at 74mph and quarter at 96mph but my 330' time was 0.5 slower than you. (Bad, boggy launch). Ok let's go out in a couple weeks and get a 14.3.

What rpm did you 3-4 shift?

My '05 LGT

I was shifting 3-4 at just over 6K. I am almost positive I can make it on 5-21, so we will meet up there. I think with a better launch a 14.3 is possible. My launches were okay but from what I am reading we shoule be able to a 60 foot time of less than 2 seconds.

Yes, that was our baby cheering for me, he didn't like it when I lost. lol.

I will say this, after racing last night I am seriuosly considering a turbo upgrade. I really want to be in the 13's. But a turbo upgrade is alot of money, so it might be a little while.

Archived