LegacyGT.com

Parking Lights Won't Turn Off

I never had an exciting parking light story. I saw the switch. Wondered what it did. Flipped it. Figured it was something outside. So I went out and saw the parking lights on... Boring story I know.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually used this feature the other day when dropping off some stuff at a apartment complex. I had to park up front in some reserved spots at night. People are known for towing people at this place so I left the parking lights on in hopes that they would guess I would be right back.

I guess I am proud to have found a use for the switch. It can see how it can/would be useful.

• 3 weeks later...
I cleaned my car today and hit the switch. Not even knowing it was there. I noticed the issue early in the day when i was at the Chicago Car show. I starting getting pissed since I was in the middle of the city and couldn't turn my stupid lights off! Well I made it home but still mad and freaking out about the electrical repairs I would need. Then I decided to do some searching before I freaked out more and then found this post. Thank you so much! this switch is ridiculous! Car show was pretty sweet though, sat in the new Legacy it is huge!

So glad I'm not the only one who was a little freaked out by the switch. My friend turns around and asks me if my lights are on. I answered no, of course. The lights turn off when the car turns off. I spent a good five minutes trying to figure out if it was the sun hitting the amber or if my lights were even on, trying to cup my headlight with my hands and make it dark. :lol:

Archived