LegacyGT.com

Few questions about HIDs and angel eyes.

dfalk

Well I just bought my Legacy yesterday and my first mod is defiantly going to be in the lighting area. I want to clear the lenses, add angel eyes, and upgrade to HID.

To start ive read before on other forums that some HID upgrade kits will melt factory wires, or melt the actual housing. This was quite awhile ago, have these kits got better? Ive been reading on the forum for a few hours now and didnt notice any kits that are highly recommended. Budget is around $150, can I get a good quality set for that? Also is there a big difference to upgrade to HID, then say just buy a set of regular Sylvania bulbs? If I do go with HID does anyone know what temp the newer Nissans run at? Every time I see a sweet lookin set of lights on the road that turns my head it always seems to be a maxima/altima. Id like to achieve that look.

Second- angel eyes, totally love the look of them, dont like the look of a $120 bill. Is that what these things are really going for, any other cheaper methods?

Like i said i used the search, sorry if i missed anything obvious. Just point me to the right thread if i did, any help is appreciated. Thanks

I think the apexcone kit runs for ~$150. Best upgrade I ever did!

Go with 5K temperature for that nice look.

The next step from there is a retro of HID projectors, but that is expensive and time consuming.

I had mine for over three years in two different Legacies with no issues.

HID left, OEM right:

http://www.deexboy.com/gallery/d/2623-2/IMG_5018.jpg

OEM left HID light:

http://www.deexboy.com/gallery/d/2612-1/IMG_5014.jpg

The worst part is the leaking of light on top because of the small hole in the legacies shield, but nothing to annoy people.

X

---

LAZ

I definatly like the looks of those lights. The lights I have now are fine but Id like something thats a little brighter. More importantly I want it to look better and stand out from other cars on the road. So theres no heat/melting issues with these kits?

Also Im confused with the stock lighting as it is right now. The car has daytime running lights that are on all the time, and at nighttime they also come on. Then when I turn the knob to manually turn on the lights they get brigher. Is there 2 bulbs in that projector (not including the high beam)? How would this effect the HID? I dont want them to be on all the time, just at night.

i have the 55W race kit by apexcone in 5000K temp. i used to have the 6000K 35W kit by apexcone and i can say that the 55W kit is definitely brighter and more intense.

as for stock wiring, i've had no problems (yet) and and i'm not using a wire harness

Archived