LegacyGT.com

Drove the 2.0d Outback yesterday

in short:

Not much have changed from my -06 Outback beside the engine.

At startup, you do hear it is an diesel, but then when you've taken off you can not, unless you accelerate quite hard. Smooth and quiet and lots of torque.

Downsides: I want auto-gearbox. Never liked diesel+manual. Above 3500 rpm the engine fades alot. It is abit like driving an inverted petrol engine.

Deal breaker? At my test-drive with a factory new car and lots of city driving i averaged 7.2 liters /100 km. At highway it was about 6.2 liters/ 100km

in short:

Not much have changed from my -06 Outback beside the engine.

At startup, you do hear it is an diesel, but then when you've taken off you can not, unless you accelerate quite hard. Smooth and quiet and lots of torque.

Downsides: I want auto-gearbox. Never liked diesel+manual. Above 3500 rpm the engine fades alot. It is abit like driving an inverted petrol engine.

Deal breaker? At my test-drive with a factory new car and lots of city driving i averaged 7.2 liters /100 km. At highway it was about 6.2 liters/ 100km

32.3 and 38 mpg US.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

The city mileage is about where the UK rate the Outback 2.0D at, but the highway mileage should be much better. It should be closer to the 5.2L/100km (~45 mpg US) rating. How many miles are on the car? Maybe it still needs to be broken in.

I dont think diesel cars will sell very good here right now.. diesel is like $4.20 a gallon where I live.. thats ridiculous.

It all depends on how much more fuel efficient the diesel is compared against it's petro counter part. If diesel is 40% more efficient then as long as the petro is above $3.00, you are better off with the $4.20 diesel. People need to do the math before making the purchasing decision, otherwise they are just short changing themselves.

Archived