LegacyGT.com

Best Short Shifter for 08 Legacy GT?

Do the STS get annoying for daily driving? I am aware that they make shifts shorter and more crisp, but if someone is saying that is harder to engage then I would think it would be a nuisance for a daily driven car, no?

You will get used to it pretty quickly. The stock shifter is designed to fit everyone from 4' 10" grandmas to 6' 3" linebackers. It has to have a longer throw for the less strong members of the population. If you are of at least average height and reasonably strong, you will have no trouble at all.

The bushings tighten up the play in the shifter. Shifts are more notchy but not in an annoying way. They are also much more crisp.

I drove a buddy's WRX a couple weeks back and he had the OEM shifter and bushings. Made me remember how much of a positive difference the STS and bushings make.

• 2 weeks later...
Kartboy here. I got the whole package from turninconcepts including the front and rear hardened stay bushings as well as special pivot and linkage bushings. Shifts are much more short and precise with a more snik snik feel. Definitely get the bushings....

Archived