LegacyGT.com

Thoughts on this 08GT Ltd

I quickly found out that dealing with a dealer other than the one with the car isn't worth it -- they aren't willing to deal because they don't get the holdback on the car, etc. Just go find the car and talk directly to that dealership. Don't accept anything even a penny over invoice.

I'd start at a maximum of invoice - $2000 and work your way up from there. This is not saying that you can get it at this price, but you just might. Some users on here have gotten insanely sick prices on their cars.

I agree with BrownBoy immediately above. $2000 under invoice for a car fresh off the truck is probably hard to swing, but I'd be shocked if you couldn't get that for a car that's been in their inventory for a month or four.

Use Cars101's VIN guide to parse the rough age of the car. There are two manual GTs at a dealer near me with VINs of ~1000 and ~5000. They've got non-GTs with VINs greater than 50000. That tells me the manual GTs aren't moving, and if the dealer isn't willing to deal it's going to be their loss not mine.

Archived