LegacyGT.com

HID bouncing ddm/apexcone

naimouasta

i got an hid kit installed for like 1 month now. its great and i love it but it seems like the bulbs are loose or something. the light distorts and bounces looking like a loose headlight sometimes. it happens over bumps and sometimes when i'm idling in my driveway. when idling it seems like it resonates to the idle of the motor??? if i give it some gas it stops. i still have to open and double check if the bulbs are installed flush/correctly. if i installed them flush/correctly, is this a common problem?

*update* 4/01/08

ok i still haven't taken everything apart and double check anything yet because im too lazy and busy with school, but i noticed something new. when i pulled into my driveway tonight, i noticed that the right bulb was of a slightly different color on my garage door. i have a 5000k kit. the right bulb is now more of a natural white instead of white with a tint of blue like the left headlight. weird thing is if i flick the switch off for like 30 seconds and turn it back on, they are both white with blue tint. then the right bulb flickers for a little bit then slowly turns to the natural white color. this flickering is not what you would think, but more like what i described before like the bulbs were bouncing. the left bulb flickers occasionally too but the color stays the same.

i am starting to think that the flickering is not result of loose bulbs or projectors. is this a sign of bad ballasts? igniters? bulbs? or bad grounding? i do have the harness installed. are there spots that are better grounding spots and spots to avoid?

i guess i should ask the vendor but what if the kit took a poop. it supposedly came with lifetime warranty, how would this work?

Guys. It can only be 2 things.

1- Socket clip is not pressing tight enough on the base of the bulb

2- Your projectors have some play. I know some Mazda cars have had loose projectors before.

If the bulb can't move when you touch it at the base because the clip is doing its job then the only other possibility is the headlight itself.

Oliver

The clip on mine is really tight. I can't check if the projector has some play or not though. If it does, how can I fix it?

If the projector is loose then put your stock bulbs in and have your dealer look at it. That happened to me with the Mazda 3 and the dealer replaced the headlight.

If the projector is loose then put your stock bulbs in and have your dealer look at it. That happened to me with the Mazda 3 and the dealer replaced the headlight.

How can I check if it's loose or what? Which part should I touch to feel the looseness?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I'm having the same problem. I just installed a 4300K kit and my passenger side light looks more blue than the drivers side. It also seems to flicker and bounce as well. I don't have the relay harness even though I bought it. I'm going to hook it up when I get some time.

Archived