LegacyGT.com

Got a new system...

BrownBoy

Hey guys...got my system installed today...ive got a good friend at an audio/tint shop, and he did a great install for me. I got a memphis audio 8 inch sub mounted in the mcintosh sub cutout in the rear deck, and a 1000 watt (i kno..overkill) memphis audio sub w/ crossover in the trunk. i was going to put it under the driver's seat, but it was a tite fit, not good for wen i have backseat passengers. Overall...aWeSOME sound, but i have to put some type of insulation in the rear deck b/c there is now rattling. Couldnt give you any technical specs, or pics now...but ill try to get them up as soon as i can get a new battery for my digi cam....

...oh yeah..since we dont have the rca outputs etc. for an amp in our stock headunit, my friend conjured up something for me...he explained it to me...and it went right over my head!..sry bout being an audio dummy..haha

• 5 months later...
Here she is - I know it would have looked better in the center but I ski and can't give up that middle section. Overall the sound of my 12" sub and speakers (all Memphis powered by 2 Memphis amps) is absolutely wonderful and very clean, even with the stock deck. I also am a big fan of the vinyl box over the standard carpeted ones...

403410221_subbok.JPG.9b738634d4a9edbe119e156336076f9b.JPG

uhhh... if that question was for me I posted up above - I didn't install myself - I had a friend who used to do that stuff professionally install it for me. Nothing much to see other than the sub since the deck is stock, but it sounds great!

Archived