LegacyGT.com

Legecy GT detail from this weekend...

ya i had clue, year after year it never changed so i was surprised.

i got approved but theyre trying to jack me on the rate.... :spin:

i might just pick one when i get my mid year bonus...

I was just reading some articles on the new 250. I took mine out for a ride last night and got to thinking that I love my bike and I'm not a speed demon on the streets so why do I need anything faster? I think next year I'm going to try and trade mine in for a new 250. For $3500 you can't go wrong for a brand new bike under warranty!

That sucks about the rate! If you go to the Kawi site they say they are offering all Ninjas at the lowest prices of the year right now or something like that.

They definitely have etched the paint..i am almost sure of that...recommendations...?

I'd go with a waterspot remover but it's a lot of work because it's not a product you want to use on the entire car at once. I work in very small sections and then neutralize it with a lot of water and some soap.

I was just reading some articles on the new 250. I took mine out for a ride last night and got to thinking that I love my bike and I'm not a speed demon on the streets so why do I need anything faster? I think next year I'm going to try and trade mine in for a new 250. For $3500 you can't go wrong for a brand new bike under warranty!

That sucks about the rate! If you go to the Kawi site they say they are offering all Ninjas at the lowest prices of the year right now or something like that.

the kawi credit is a revolving credit aka like a credit card...

i had one in 2006 after a year i just said fuk it and paid the whole bike off.

i want to get one but it might cut into my LGT mod plans, or rather just push them back.

I am not familiar with waterspot removers...you said that you are working on one...any idea when it will be out? Any other products on the market that may do the same?

There are some other companies making a waterspot remover already. I'd google it and see what you could find. Ours in probably a month or two from being done.

the kawi credit is a revolving credit aka like a credit card...

i had one in 2006 after a year i just said fuk it and paid the whole bike off.

i want to get one but it might cut into my LGT mod plans, or rather just push them back.

I gotcha now!

The best way to get rid of waterspots is hard to determine unless you can really get down close and inspect them. One could suggest all sorts of products without seeing them, but you really have to get down close to know for sure what will work.

If you haven't tried cutting them with a good polish and a machine, then that is probably the solution. Even a waterspot remover won't help much if the paint is etched. Polishing is probably the answer. Either way, if you don't have the tools on hand, you will probably want to take this to a pro like Bob or someone else qualified to do this kind of work.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 4 years later...

There are a couple products out there. Poorboy's Trim Restorer is a great one. That works well to bring faded trim back to life. A good example is in this article on my site. It does a better job explaining it.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/CorollaDetail/pbtrimrestorer.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/CorollaDetail/railbeforeandafter.jpg

Then to keep them black you either need to regularly apply a UV protectant like Aerospace 303 or something similar. I recently discovered Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant and have been very very pleased. That stuff works amazing at keeping trim black. And it beads water just like a paint sealant.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/IMG_20120410_145024.jpg

Those are both products you have to order online. I've honestly found very little which actually works to do this job off the shelf. Mother's Back To Black is hit and miss for me. Sometimes it does a great job and sometimes it is an utter disappointment. Aerospace 303 is a great one for long lasting protection, so that can help keep it black, but for restoring it to black you pretty much have to go online for the stuff that works consistently.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived