LegacyGT.com

To have JL amp repaired or move on?

str8dwn

To say the least, I've been less than impressed with the quality of the JL components I've puchased. So I am on the fence whether to spend $180 (incl overnight shipping both ways) to have them fix the issue only to be sent a refurbished model. Combine that with the less than stellar customer service attitude I received when I asked for an RMA # and an estimated time for repair. I was told it would be 3-4 weeks at least and that if they needed to replace it with a refurb, it could be months because they are on heavy backorder.

My black 300/4 (2006 model) has a problem cutting in and out on the rear channels. I isolated it to the output terminals by gently pressing on it, and it would quickly come on then off. It's out of warranty, so no luck there.

I thought about buying a replacement on ebay, but black ones rarely come up for sale to match my black 500/1.

Then I see several Slash Series amps with the same cut out problem for sale as 'repair parts' on ebay. I mean, just how poorly are these made? Why are so many in for repair at JL? Look at the PPI Art Series amps from the early 90's still functioning today. Should have bought the AX606.2 when I had the chance.

I do want matching amps and don't have the cash to replace the 500/1 at the same time.

I got my kicker 5/700 (i thinkl) channel amp on ebay for about that, shipped..refurbed to look brand new, with warranty. if I wanted I could have done a 1 yr warranty on it for another 20 bucks. pm me if you want the guys info, he sells a bunch of audio equip on there. I actually bought most of my system from that one guy.

well I have not had any problems with my jl amps 1000/1 4/450 12W7 I had 2 of those subs in the car just to loud.1 is in my trunk and all and in my doors all 4 jl ZR6.5 oh yea and a cleansweep. And a bunch of 0 gauge oh forgot about the ohio generator 160amp :)

Archived