LegacyGT.com

clutch install problem w/ ACT HD clutch... clutch not engaging

john_galt

So i'm having my ACT HD clutch/lwfw combo installed at my dealer (got it from revolutions performance though the special here on the forums right now) and the shop just called me to say the clutch isn't engaging (allowing shifting). :spin:

They said it looks like the depth of the flywheel (?) wasn't right or maybe the pressure plate isn't engaging... Now i know it's an aftermarket part, but this is a subie dealer who knows their way around things. Any ideas? possible fixes???

I've got all the part numbers from the kit, so any advice or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks guys.

Have them check the clutch pedal travel too. Mine overshot the sweet spot when it was first installed. You could shift into gear with the pedal about 1 inch off the floor, but if you put it all the way to the floor; it wouldn't allow you to move the shifter into a gear or change gears while moving.
Let's kick this pig!

I'll have to check on both of these things... i appreciate the replies guys.

after the debacle friday, revolutions was pretty sure the dealer just installed it wrong, so after having the dealer and revolutions talk they decided to drop the tranny again ($$$) and make sure. Dealer called me this AM and said everything was in correctly, and it's still a not working right. (f$%&!)

Just trying to figure out what the hell to do that wont cost me another arm and a leg at this point and will get my car driving again.

thanks for the help guys, hopefully we can get this going correctly.

Archived