LegacyGT.com

Radio/hvac panel and shifter surround flat black?

tomfohr15

After seeing the black bezels that Highline has been creating and browsing through nasioc I'm about ready to take the plunge and start sanding the pieces to paint them with Krylon Fusion flat black. I managed to pop out all of the buttons from the radio/hvac panel and I'm wondering what the black bezel / silver buttons will look like. Anybody have any comments?

I hate having second thoughts. :rolleyes:

Here is the bezel before I mask the screens and start sanding.

http://dreamreel-productions.com/photos/outback/stereo-hvac.JPG

what are you going to do about the "push power" and "cd changer" script and the red and blue above the temperture knobs? I don't think it would look bad as long as you did the shifter console also. I would leave the side pieces silver though so that it matches the door handles.

I had planned on just painting over the lettering. I was going to see how it looked with the trim pieces along the stereo in the original silver. If I didn't like it I was going to paint them too.

I've considered this...but the thought of all the work, and losing all the labels has kept me from going forward with it at all. Here's my photochop of what it would look like. I think it looks perty dam nice.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/gmoreschi/R_7QKUBWBvI/AAAAAAAABRE/s7bAHPVPa4k/s800/int3.jpg

I like how it turned out, nice job. Whos needs the labels anyway, you know where the buttons are anyway.

With the Alpine PXE-H650, you use the remote to control the volume anyway. The only label it covered was the power/volume. I didn't care about the model number.

Archived