LegacyGT.com

HELP - Coilover Install Issue!

All,

Sorry to post here but I have a problem after a Megan Coilover install on my 05' LGT Sedan. I need some traffic in this post to get this resolved ASAP as I need my car! Everything seems good except for the driver’s front coilover. When going over bumps it clunks really loud. It is coming from the top hat area. The one noticeable thing that does not seem right is that I cannot tighten down the top nut on the coilover shaft. It just keeps spinning! The passenger side tightened down no problem and I do not have any clunks over there. These are used coilovers that did not come with the wrenches. I used some c-clamps to tighten everything up for now (except the top nut of course). Please help, specific questions below:

1) How do I tighten down the top bolt when it just keeps spinning with the shaft?

2) Is it safe to drive? I assume the clunk is due something being loose and I hate to wear something out of damage something further.

Below is a link to my post with more info on the install.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...99#post1818199

Clunking noise can also be from a bad shock absorber. So if tightening the nut doesn't work you may have a bad shock.

A problem may be that this clunking has destroyed the threads if you were unsuccessful in tightening it in the first place.

453747.png

I was able to hold the shaft with a 5mm allen wrench to get it tight enough to not clunk under normal driving. Though, I can get just about every corner to clunk when I go over a sharp edge. As well, I can spin the shaft on all four top nuts... so they really aren’t tight enough correct?

Archived