LegacyGT.com

Regarding pricing for 08 Spec B

market area will drive the pricing of these types of vehicles. Some areas sell them quickly and don't have a supply of them while other areas don't have the market or population to drive this sort of vehicle so pricing can be a little lower.

DavisTiger, if you are anywhere near Tenn give Seth a call. The Quartz one he has is real nice.

BTW I would be that forum member that drove up from Tampa FL. ;) Christina and Seth made it worth my while. Would do it again!

• 11 months later...
Just got my DGM 08 spec.b for 30400 (two weeks ago, w/ 135 miles), just fax a bunch of dealers in your area for what your looking for, let them know you faxed a bunch of places, and let them sweat on what to offer you. Got an offer for an 08 QSM spec.b for 28k, but had my heart set on the DGM :wub:...

Just got my DGM 08 spec.b for 30400 (two weeks ago, w/ 135 miles), just fax a bunch of dealers in your area for what your looking for, let them know you faxed a bunch of places, and let them sweat on what to offer you. Got an offer for an 08 QSM spec.b for 28k, but had my heart set on the DGM :wub:...

Sorry for the ignorance but what is the difference between DGM and QSM?

have you considered purchasing a slightly used one? (ie. 8,000 mi) would save you a couple thousand and there would be plenty left on the warranty and what not.

I have but the incentives are too good to pass up a new one. I can write off the sales tax on a new car and with all the deals that dealerships are giving it just ends up costing almost the same. There is also something nice about knowing everything about the car i am driving.

I got a 2009 Ruby Red Pearl about 3 weeks ago for 29k before tax. Got it at the dealer in Colorado Springs (I'm about 70 miles away) - they are the largest Subie dealer in the world (supposedly). Was pretty thrilled with my price...

-Ross

Heuberger Motors?

Guy was just telling me about them, he works at a Subaru dealership who cuts good deals, but he says they can't understand how Heuberger does it. He's fairly certain they lose money on every single deal they do.

I also think Burt Subaru is one of the biggest in the country. They are in the Denver area.

On pricing. Here is an example of a new 2008 Spec B:

MSRP $35239

Invoice $32566

Holdback $1360

Rebate $1000

That brings NET dealer cost to $30206 including the rebate (they do not get the rebate until they sell the vehicle and assuming that the rebates remain constant with as the current program)

Anything below that number is a loss for the dealership so if you can get it near or below that, it is a good deal. With advertising, lot costs, etc, the actual cost is a bit higher and varies by dealereship and how their floor plan/advertising is set up, but that at least gives a general idea of cost breakdown.

I got a 2009 Ruby Red Pearl about 3 weeks ago for 29k before tax. Got it at the dealer in Colorado Springs (I'm about 70 miles away) - they are the largest Subie dealer in the world (supposedly). Was pretty thrilled with my price...

-Ross

A 2009 for 29k... that is a great price. Was it on the lot or did you pre-order it? Did it come with the Harmon Karmon? What's your secret, hehe?

They must have had "Stair Step" money built up to get that price (it would be about $1000 loss without extra money).

75% of dealers may not have that extra money (it is usually based on selling XX amount of a model to get it and the more they sell, the more they get per unit).

If you get a big volume dealership, they will likely have some stair step money available.

Some stair steps are easy to get to while others are fairly difficult. Outback and Legacy models can usually be pretty easy while the STI stair step they had last year was a little harder to reach, especially for those dealerships that don't carry any STI's and/or sell very few.

It was on the lot and from what I heard they'd had it quite a while (it had 125 miles on it so it went out for test drives a fair bit). There was also a very VERY small mark on the passenger seat (in the Alcantara) so I beat them up about that. They did make money on my trade too so I guess to be fair you'd have to factor that in.

And yeah being such a huge volume dealer they have all those extra incentives. They sell a TON of WRX's and STi's, the prices on them are pretty incredible...

-Ross

Archived