LegacyGT.com

Do you Yelp?

eVoMotion

A friend told me about a new restaurant review site as their taglines say - Real Review, Real People. It is great. All kinds of personal reviews - good, bad and ugly about places. Way better than citysearch.

www.yelp.com

I am kind of addicted to giving my opinion. :lol:

If you want to read my reviews - I am Daniel B.

I thought this thread was going to be about furries and was just miscategorized or something. I'm glad its not. after seeing that furries episode of CSI.. uugh.. that sick.

anyway..

no, I havent, but now I will check this site out. I use www.kudzu.com a lot but apparently the company has to pay to put their name on the site or something.

ok.. now I'm writing reviews like crazy. (I like to express my opinion as well, and I also love to eat lol)

To be fair, all my favorite real finds have 0 reviews.. until now.. The best restauranst are the ones in the middle of nowhere.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Never seen or heard of this site...

I am afraid...better just stay with tripadvisor and yelp for now.

I use www.kudzu.com a lot but apparently the company has to pay to put their name on the site or something.

ok.. now I'm writing reviews like crazy. (I like to express my opinion as well, and I also love to eat lol)

To be fair, all my favorite real finds have 0 reviews.. until now.. The best restauranst are the ones in the middle of nowhere.

kudzu is a rather popular website in this area. They advertise on the radio and TV all the time. Pretty much all of the small local businesses put a lot of effort into reading their reviews and responding to comments.

tripadvisor seems to imply that I'm taking a trip somewhere. I'm not necessarily. I am just trying to find good bug man or lawncare service or something. Kudzu is good for that.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• 4 weeks later...

pay? I want pay! I've been doing it for free.

it seems to me from reading most of the reviews that a lot of uh.. type A people seem to go there and a lot of the places they seem to enjoy I wouldnt.. so it hasnt been that much of an eye opener for me.

I reviewed a new restaurant in the area, and the 3rd person to review it sort of made an off comment like I was ignorant. The restaurant has "bagers and mash" (sausage and mashed potatoes) and I pointed out by trying to theme-name it was an attempt to add to the atmosphere, which in my opinion is lame.. its like going to outback and ordering the "kangaroo strips" or something.. hes like "I dont know what you THINK bangers and mash is supposed to be..' I didnt say it was supposed to be something else.. I just said that theme names were present and imo thats a very stupid tactic.

I like to go to obscure family owned places, so about 3/4 of my reviews are 1st (and only) :lol:

Archived