LegacyGT.com

K&N Typhoon

madabs

This is my first post on this forum but have been a member of G35Driver since 03. First let me say I really like my 06 GT and hope I can have as much fun as I did with my G35. I installed the K&N Typhoon yesterday and drove around with the windows down and loved the sound of the whooshing of the turbo, but with the windows up the sound is annoying. While driving if the rpms are over 2k I get a constent noise which I do not like at all. I check to see if everything was connected tight and everything is. Maybe there is not enough oil on the fliter. But if others have the same problem, I will just got back to the K&N panel filter with the silencer removed.

The Typhoon is the loudest intake available. I have it on my car, you can always hear the turbo spool and the release of pressure when letting off the throttle. If its too noisy for you, put on the on the panel filter.

Question when you are driving with the Typhoon is there a constent noise coming from the intake, the sound I can only explain as the rinse cycle in a washing machine? Im just wondering maybe I didnt install in correctly. Ive always had intake systems on all my cars and know what they are suppose to sound like and this doesnt seem right.

It it sounds like this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqa3rRMY2Jc]YouTube - Subaru STI w/K&N Typhoon 4 of 4 - CRUISING[/ame]

Then it's probably safe to say there is no leak.

I don't have that intake but it seems like this is probably one of the loudest intake made for the Legacy.

Do you have a map for the intake?!

Question when you are driving with the Typhoon is there a constent noise coming from the intake, the sound I can only explain as the rinse cycle in a washing machine? Im just wondering maybe I didnt install in correctly. Ive always had intake systems on all my cars and know what they are suppose to sound like and this doesnt seem right.

That is wastegate flutter and is normal. The K&N really amplifies this, especially without the heatsheild.

Archived