LegacyGT.com

who has the APS inlet tube?

jomamma

the STI perrin has the same fittings as the LGT perrin, but the fitting angles are different on the LGT.

if you're at all thinking bigger turbo later down the road, APS all the way. It is a dual fitment inlet pipe, so you can run an 3" turbo down the road and use it with a stock 2.4" inlet now. will never collapse unless something really, really, really, really bad happens. A bit of a pain to install, but so is the Perrin, which is close in cost and locks you in to one turbo inlet size.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

Yes, it fits us also. The AP kit is just the tube and a turbo inlet. THe APS kit is the tube, two different turbo inlets, a large silicone tube for the inlet, and a lot of rubber hose and couplers to make all the required changes.

Here is what you get w/ the AP, and you do have to choose, 2.4" inlet, or 3", not both.

And here is the APS kit...

I'm not worried about finding hose T's or small vac lines. However, it looks like a decent coupler from the intake pipe to the MAF sensor can cost nearly $50, so the APS price looks better at that point. The few extra dollars means no time spent gathering the misc parts.

Any thought as to how much more air a moderately modded suby will flow with one of this pipes?

I will do it when I do my deletes.

I should have some data in a little over a week, but will also be combined with deletes.

I should have some data in a little over a week, but will also be combined with deletes.

My guess is on a 40ish lb turbo that the inlet is maybe 4whp, the deletes about 10, and maybe 100 rpm quicker spool.

I will have info on mine too when I do it, but it will also be for both installed at the same time.

My guess is on a 40ish lb turbo that the inlet is maybe 4whp, the deletes about 10, and maybe 100 rpm quicker spool.

I will have info on mine too when I do it, but it will also be for both installed at the same time.

I would gladly takes those gains on an 18g sized turbo :), I have no expectations as it is just preparation for down the line.

I would gladly takes those gains on an 18g sized turbo :), I have no expectations as it is just preparation for down the line.

I can't say I really know, but I think Buschur did the deletes on his 06 WRX and dyno'd (Mustang dyno) at least 10 whp, the deletes were the only mod, and IIRC it was with a VF39.

I found the dyno:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/jrod@buschur/tgv-delete2.jpg

Since it is down stream of the MAF, I don't know that your MAFv scaling will change. My thoughts is it will just allow the turbo to get more air when it wants it ;)

Who said anything about changing the MAF cal?

I don't think it will change anything either, but apparently a panel filter will change things, so I will be re-checking.

Import Image (vendor) has it for $175 shipped..... I chose to go with the APS because it has 2 coupler sizes and a higher resale value.

You got the APS inlet from Import Image for $175? If not then who did you buy from, and how much?

Thanks.

Anybody find a better deal then $249?

They'd better not:lol:, actually a local dealer (which I don't find to be cheap) had them for $245 but plus tax. Im sure it is possible to find a tad bit cheaper though...

Archived