LegacyGT.com

Parrot 3100 bluetooth install with pics.

idontknow

I just installed by Parrot 3100 bluetooth system in my 06 LGT, and it turned out great! I cutom made a bracket to mount it to the inside cover for the driver side mirror. The bracket shown is the second bracket. The first was too flimsy, and would bend when I pressed the buttons. You can't see the bracket at all when the door is closed. It looks like the unit is just floating there in front of the bottom of the A-pillar. It's very easy to see and operate from from the driver seat. For a car that is so scarce on space, this was by far the best spot for the unit. Pics are below.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn1/smwildman/0310080859.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn1/smwildman/0310080859a.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn1/smwildman/0327081314.jpg

Was the integration into the stereo system difficult? I've been thinking about doing this myself. I downloaded the instructions but they aren't very clear. It looks like it's just a couple of harnesses?

Was the integration into the stereo system difficult? I've been thinking about doing this myself. I downloaded the instructions but they aren't very clear. It looks like it's just a couple of harnesses?

It's dirt simple actually. I used an adapter from parrotkits.com to connect the 3100 to the stock radio (the kit is pictured below, it's #QCSub-1 I think). The kit included instructions for connecting the parrot adapter to the parrotkit.com adapter (I know, sounds redundent doesn't it). Then, I mounted the controller, hid the brain under the steering wheel (it fits under there perfectly), mounted the microphone to the left of the sun visor, connected everything, and done. It took about 2 hours because it was the first time I had taken apart the interior. I highly recommend the parrotkits.com adapter, it made the installation much easier/faster.

http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/images/qcsub-1.jpg

One more thing. Make sure you warn you wife about hitting the control unit with her purse when she gets out of the car. She may accidently break off the hang up button and then kick it under the car for you to find a week later.:mad::rolleyes::lol:

Hmmm...like the idea, something fresh that I haven't seen before. Though I'm considering this myself and don't know if I would attempt that location. Glad you like it and that it works well with your audio setup! I could never attempt a home install...

Nice job! Can you tell us where you bought the unit and the harness kit? How much did it cost?

Thanks!

I bought the 3100 off ebay for $155.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000621SN0]Amazon.com: Parrot CK3100 LCD Bluetooth Car Kit: Cell Phones & Service[/ame]

The seller was great. I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.

The adapter kit came from parrtokits.com for $50:

http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php

The adapter kit is well worth it, and the 3100 is a great unit. I have a Samsung i760 smart phone, and the 3100 will let me use the voice recignition feature on the phone to dial numbers just by pressing the answer button. I haven't dialed a number on my phone since I've installed the kit! It even announces the verbal reminders from my phone through the car stereo!:cool:

I bought the 3100 off ebay for $155.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000621SN0

The seller was great. I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.

The adapter kit came from parrtokits.com for $50:

http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php

The adapter kit is well worth it, and the 3100 is a great unit. I have a Samsung i760 smart phone, and the 3100 will let me use the voice recignition feature on the phone to dial numbers just by pressing the answer button. I haven't dialed a number on my phone since I've installed the kit! It even announces the verbal reminders from my phone through the car stereo!:cool:

Thank you for the info. This looks like a great set up.

What and how did you make the bracket? I'm looking to install an HD radio component tuner kit (Visteon HD ZOOM HDZ300) and like where you did your install. Looks about perfect for my use. just would like a little more info on the bracket and bolt's
If I'm going faster than you, Move Right.

nice! I just got my Parrot CK3200LS with the subaru wiring harness. I was going to order the mount for it from proclipusa.com but then trying to figure out where I'd actually mount the silly thing.... I don't know. nice idea though. I may have to consider doing something like that. :) did you screw that in or use 3M adhesive tape?
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

What and how did you make the bracket? I'm looking to install an HD radio component tuner kit (Visteon HD ZOOM HDZ300) and like where you did your install. Looks about perfect for my use. just would like a little more info on the bracket and bolt's

Ditto.

The bracket itself is 1/8" thick by 1/2" wide aluminum that we had layin' around at work. I took a WAG as to how it should fit, cut it to length, wrapped the aluminum with a rag to keep from scarring it, bent the aluminum on my vice with a pair of pliers, test fit it, bent it some more, another test fit, another bend, until I was satisfied. Then I drilled the holes for the parrot unit. By the way, I used the screws in the back of the unit that holds it together to mount it to the bracket. It makes a cleaner install. The bracket is held onto the outside mirror cover using flat head socket screws. I had to counter sink the holes in the bracket for these screws, that way the top of the screw is flush with the surface of the bracket. Unless you have access to a drill press don't go that route. Just use a couple of socket head cap screws, which are already flat black and won't stick up that bad. Besides, the bracket is completely hidden from view unless you open the door. Then I painted the bracket semi-flat black to blend in with the outside mirror cover. Make sure you pay attention to where you drill your holes in the outside mirror cover. It's held into place using 3 posts in the back of the cover. If you eliminate one, you may weaken the cover.

I hope this helps. Oh, the wiring fits nicely behind the door panel too. I ran it about half way down the door and then over to the dash panel making sure to leave a little slack just in case.

• 3 years later...

I know this tread is a little old. My cousin gave me a CK3100 LCD. I purchased a Quick Harness for the 2005 Legacy. But there were no install instructions and I cannot find them on line. Anyone here still have the install instructions they can send me?

Thanks!

Glad I helped :]

Just remember to eject all CD's from the changer to avoid some bad stuff (I broke mine that way, I plugged the stereo when it was upside down and when it started counting the cd's, some fell off their trays)

If anyone need more info about the bracket or something else, feel free to ask.

Thanks again. Yes, I've pulled the radio once before for the Jazzy Kit. So I know not to have any CD's in the radio. May tackle this next weekend.

Did you find it easier to connect all the cables before you start, that way you only have 2 plugs to do (main from radio to harness, harness to radio) once the radio is pulled?

Where did you end up putting the blue central box and how did you secure it?

Thanks!

I took all the wires and the box itself, which is very light, and zip-tied them together, I left just the stereo connector hanging and dropped it below the stereo to the right (you can see the blue box in the picture) without securing it.. it just looked like it was sitting there quite well.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc43/Blinkergrip/legacy/th_IMAG0020-1.jpg

It will be smart to connect the harness before the whole process, or at least gather all the long wires together.

Wrapping the blue box with a layer of foam would be a good idea -- to prevent rattles, and protect the electronics inside from constantly getting knocked while driving.

I was thinking of using some double sided velcro to hold the box in place if possible..

This may be a stupid question but here goes - Is it possible to play music from your phone (such as Pandora) through the Parrot (bluetooth)?

The Parrot unit has a built-in amplifier that drives only the front two speakers

so even if it could I don't think the quality worth it.

Update: Install of CK3100 LCD installed with Quick Harness. Thanks AlexShu for the advice and pictures. They really helped. I've updated the firmware to 5.0 and it paired with my Nexus One nicely. Works well in the test calls I did.

Archived