LegacyGT.com

225x45/18 on Spec B?

Elklander

I've narrowed it down after 6 months and waking up with snow again.Potenza 960 Pole Position and the Goodyear F1 All Season.Both are Ultra High performance and in the 225x45/18 which is .40 wider than stock.Does anyone know if this will effect the all wheel drive system and if you have driven on either?Yes I read tire racks reviews and test but I would like to here from a subie driver.

Thanks Nick

P.S. Here in the Pacific Northwest it rains way more than it snows so wet roads are more important than snowy roads.

Never driven on either of them, but I run 225/40/18 Pirelli P Zero-Nero M&S on 18x8 OZs....awesome in the wet and more than adequate in PNW snow. Car runs great and handles awesome.....this size gives you perfect Odo/Speedo matching :)

Pzero Nero M&S are just horrible in the snow. In rain, there are much better. They also have a tendency to tram. Good on dry pavement. Better tires out there though, go with toyo proxes 4 or goodyears if you are looking for an allseason 225/45-18, they can safely fit on the 7" spec B 18s.

I've narrowed it down after 6 months and waking up with snow again.Potenza 960 Pole Position and the Goodyear F1 All Season.Both are Ultra High performance and in the 225x45/18 which is .40 wider than stock.Does anyone know if this will effect the all wheel drive system and if you have driven on either?Yes I read tire racks reviews and test but I would like to here from a subie driver.

Thanks Nick

P.S. Here in the Pacific Northwest it rains way more than it snows so wet roads are more important than snowy roads.

Going wider will not effect your AWD system. Mismatched tires, uneven wear, and mismatches sizes WILL effect (and most likely damage) the AWD system. Replacing all four tires with any size (within reason) will be fine. I am running 245/40/17 summer tires for the summer months and 215/45/17 snows for the winter months.

The only thing to worry about is your speedo. Your speedometer may be off if you change sizes drastically. Check here for a tire size calculator.

215/45/18 -> 225/45/18 will cause a 1.4% difference

(When your speedo says 60mph you are actually traveling 60.8mph)

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Archived