LegacyGT.com

Searching for Fog Lights... Any Recommendations Please?

SolidFish

I've searched through the archives and found some information on getting OEM fog lights for our legacy. However, spending $200+ doesnt feel fair to me, so I was wondering what other non-OEM options we have. Any recommendations?

This was for a 2005 2.5i.

Thanks

Being cheap is what made you get the i to start with...the foglights are pointless anyway..

rc, you having a bad day??? :)

As for the topic, the OE fogs are not the greatest but fitment would be easier than something aftermarket. Contrary to what most here say the OE's are better than nothing. I live in a coastal area where if gets foggy often at night. I upgraded th better bulbs and adjusted them a bit and they work OK. A good set of fogs will run you close to (Hella, Pia's, etc) the same.

rc, you having a bad day??? :)

No

As for the topic, the OE fogs are not the greatest but fitment would be easier than something aftermarket. Contrary to what most here say the OE's are better than nothing. I live in a coastal area where if gets foggy often at night. I upgraded th better bulbs and adjusted them a bit and they work OK. A good set of fogs will run you close to (Hella, Pia's, etc) the same.

They dont add any value sorry...

rc -

You saying everyone who has the 2.5i is cheap?? So what do you consider not cheap, the GT?? If that's what you drive, why the heck were you "so cheap" and didn't buy an STI, or a BMW, or Maybach!? sorry to be rude, but stfu

IMHO, the GT was not reasonable, as I'd rather get the STI. The 2.5i is an efficient all wheel drive car and great for our family.

But back to the point-

Our other car has fogs and I felt it improves visibility. To me, more visibility means more safety and therefore, it adds a lot of value. Would anyone else have some constructive comments please?

Thanks

I have found that the fogs do help when visability is poor. However, I turn them on usually under the impression that if anything else, they'll help other drivers see me. After what happened to a buddy of mine last year, I get extra careful when i'm in the far left lane with oncoming traffic and no divider in between.

Actually the GT's are also cheap but have a better cost ratio than an STi ;)

The fogs are still useless and there are no after market unless you get a new bumper.

rc,

my point was, no matter what you have, there are always bigger fish in the pond. No matter how great you think the GT is over the 2.5i, people choose the 2.5i over the GT for their own reasons. Just like people choosing the GT over the STI. This doesnt make them cheap...

As for fog lights, I'd rather not debate as to how useless/valuable they are. If you think they are worthless, good for you, now get off this thread. There are many people who find them valuable due to safety or whatever else.

To re-state the question

Has anyone tried fog lights other than OEM? I have been looking at the PIAAs which seem really nice and bright. Car toys is quoting me near $250, in which case I think OEM would be better...

.........To re-state the question

Has anyone tried fog lights other than OEM? I have been looking at the PIAAs which seem really nice and bright. Car toys is quoting me near $250, in which case I think OEM would be better...

IMO, PIAA products are good, but crazily over priced.

Take a look at Hella Micro DE. They can be found for under $100.

IMO, PIAA products are good, but crazily over priced.

Take a look at Hella Micro DE. They can be found for under $100.

+1

been trying various fog lamps myself trying to find the right amount of light that i'm looking for. the OE fogs honestly haven't been quite useful. i suppose w/ upgrading the bulbs to hid's and other mods and tweaking done to the fogs, you'd get a sufficient amount of light...

but yea.. take a look at the hella micro de's.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

Hey Fish, FWIW, I just installed my HID kit, 4300K bulbs. Seriously, the fog lights are just decorative now. I cannot even tell if they are on or off.

Although 100 bucks is a good score.

ya but how much was the hid kit? I was considering this too but thought the fog light route would be more affordable and less work...

Buy the fogs for 100 bucks, can't beat that!!!

HID kits range from 199 bucks to 500 bucks, depends how crazy you want to go. I have a cheaper kit made in Korea, but are the Hella design. They work great and are of nice quality in terms of wiring, components and even the packaging was pretty impressive.

(just to put my d*ick in the mashed pots.) i went with the 2.5i , 1) cost effective for my lead foot and 2) payments and INS. TRUST, id love to have the spool and the manual shift, i freakin HATE auto. but i had to deal due to previous mistakes. but shes new, only 9K miles, so we have lots of time to play with each other. as far as the lights go, just got the HID's on order( 35w 5K) and some 4K fogs to HOPEFULLY even out. not to spark an outrage, but to each his own. if you want the fogs (of which i enjoy having on my back roads) then rock out. just, as most would agree, DONT go all out rice. BUT AGAIN, to each his own. there are NUMEROUS wise and useful gentle-persons on this site that can offer constructive AND objective OPINIONS. its all what floats your boat IMO. but id be lying if i weren't to admit ive been looking at swaps (engine and tranny) already

cino-

um... thanks for the comments.

I've seen this discussed numerous times on other threads but what I dont quite understand are people who buy the 2.5i and want it to perform like the GT. If performance was your focus, why didn't you buy the GT? Engine swap, turbo install, etc is going to give some gains but its still not a GT. Spending that extra $$$ for the GT might turn out being cheaper than all the tuning AND you get the factory warranty.

Archived