LegacyGT.com

Cleaning NAV & Temp Displays

What do you guys use to clean the navigation screen (if equipped) or the temperature screen? Particularly referring to dust and finger prints.

Please no sarcastic suggestions that could be conveyed as serious...(I hate that I have to say that, but it IS very frustrating)

I never thought of using glass cleaner. I figured I would be told to use a special cloth or something. I didn't know that glass cleaner was safe on this. I already have a non-ammonia based window cleaner that I use on my tinted windows. Will this one work?

http://www.spraywayinc.com/images/prod/050.jpg

http://www.spraywayinc.com/

Another thing that works great is Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer. Unlike things like Armor All and other dash protectants, this stuff is actually safe on nav screens and gauge pod plastic. It does a great job of cleaning up all sorts of things that get all over the dash and console. I've been using it for a couple years now and it really is a great product that has no downside. Sometimes the sprayer can get a little messy, but that is about the only gripe I have about the product. Glass cleaner works too, but this will do the same job as the glass cleaner and it will take care of other things that wouldn't use glass cleaner on.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

What I always recommend when this question comes up is to use whatever your manufacturer recommends. Stoners and Sprayway are excellent cleaners but I'd get the manufacturers cleaning recommendations first. Some screens have a film applied to them that certain cleaners can remove.

Archived