LegacyGT.com

I might be driving a LGT again....maybe.

What I said was that I'll never put snow tires on a RWD sports car. I'm sure they do it Germany all the time, for me personally it was a white knuckle experience in that particular car. My other reason is because they salt the roads here, and I just feel really guilty about being the one responsible for a nice sports car rotting twenty years later. I know it sounds weird coming from a guy who trades cars in once a year.

It just occured to me that what you thought I meant was that I just wouldn't ever use snow tires again. My bad, I would use them again, I just won't drive a sports car in the snow anymore.

BTW I found a 2004 STI, with 40,000 miles on it. The stealership emailed me with a special internet price:rolleyes: of 21,499. Which doesn't sound too out of line for an STI, so I probably check it out tomorrow. Hopefully it hasn't had the Hell beat out of it.

BTW I found a 2004 STI, with 40,000 miles on it. The stealership emailed me with a special internet price:rolleyes: of 21,499. Which doesn't sound too out of line for an STI, so I probably check it out tomorrow. Hopefully it hasn't had the Hell beat out of it.

Hope for you it hasnt been pummeled but isnt that statement kind of like saying i hope that used toilet in the paper has never been pooped in?

Hope for you it hasnt been pummeled but isnt that statement kind of like saying i hope that used toilet in the paper has never been pooped in?

Well there is a difference between driven hard, and beat the hell out of. I drive my cars hard when the time is right, but im not like some of these kids or even friends i have that will literally floor there car around every turn or every straight away. I have a friend with a 350z everytime im in his car and there isnt another car in front of us we are doin 90mph lol. Another friend of mine had a Evo 9 with cams, new turbo he was running 32psi on stock internals putting down around 470AWHP and all we ever did was beat that car up. When he sold it he returned it to stock it had 48kmiles of beating, whoever got that car after he had it im sure had to replace something internal by now.

Its a good thing to open a turbo car up every now and then for yourself and the car. But to just constantly beat on it is silly.

I know, I was just joking. I do go at, well, not WOT, but accelerating in turns and I know that can't be good for a lot of drivetrain things. I've gotten better but I love the freaked-out impressed look on other people's faces who think they are the shit, such as Grand Prix drivers.

Archived