LegacyGT.com

I might be driving a LGT again....maybe.

I haven't been to this forum since I sold my stage 2.5 LGT to a good friend of mine. I ended up with a 04 GTO, which I imediately regretted. After about nine months I decided to trade in the GTO and look for another Legacy, but on my way to the dealership I was sidetracked by a gorgeous looking 350z track edition.

Fast forward about 6 months and I'm still missing my Legacy. After one winter of having to look at my 350z in the garage and not get to drive it. Not to mention drive my old 1990 Honda accord. I'm thinking of trading the Z in today on a used LGT.

I love the looks of the Z and the way it handles, I just feel like car is a little to flashy for me. And not as easy or cheap to upgrade. So are they're any former 350z owners on this forum, and if so did you feel the same way?

Well i didnt own a 350z, but my story is kind of backwards to yours lol, i sold my Trans Am which had a ls1 like your gto and got a LGT. But now evertime i look in the garage and the T/A isnt there i miss it lol. T-tops and an v8 is all i want, dont get me wrong the LGT is far better of a car then the one i was using for everyday driving when i had the T/A. I guess im just a fool for tons of power

I understand, I used to be a V8 guy. Which is why I bought the GTO, I missed all that low end torque and the sound of a v8 with a nice exhaust. What I hated most about the GTO was that all the parts manufacturers where price gouging the GTO owners. A decent set of headers would run you about $1200.00. An exhaust was 800.00 to 2,000 ect.

Are you sure, you can buy pacestters headers for 600bucks for GTOs, exhaust for 800 isnt bad and they are some good sets for 800. Slp loudmotuh is only 600 for a gto and it sounds nasty. Not to mention you can get 30rwhp from just those 2 mods. I mean if you were goin to build a ls1 and build a 2.5 boxer the ls1 build would be almost half the price. Though a GTO and LGT i would take either of those above a 350z

I didn't include the pacesetters because the general consensus was that they didn't fit well, and rubbed the rubber boots on the steering rack. I would have to disagree on taking a GTO over a 350z. The 6.0L GTO will spank a Z in a straight line, but overall I feel the Z is a better track car. Of coarse I'm a little biased at the moment. I do miss the sound of the LS1 with straight pipes though.

BTW I just got back from Tom Wood Nissan on 96th St. I stood outside looking at a used STI for about ten minutes, and no one approached me. So I went inside and looked at a new impreza, and an Outback. Still no help, so I left. Its nice to see their costomer service hasn't changed at all. Too bad, I was very willing to buy today.

Gotta love that customer service... Some places expect you to do all the work eh.

But then again, I hate going to a dealership to look and getting hounded.

So its kinda like hrmm... Danged if you do and danged if you dont... lol

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

sounds like you have an issue with impulse car purchases.

Maybe, but the way I see it you only live once. The only cars that I've lusted after(in the price range I'm willing to spend) are the 350Z, the GTO, and the STI. I don't really want to get rid of the Z, but I need a four door that does well in the Winter. The used STIs' in my area are always overpriced, so last time I settled with the Legacy. Which I think is a better all around car, with plenty of potential.

My wife does agree with you though. :)

You should have whipped out your nuts and put them on the corner of a salesmans desk. The would have woke those bastards up

I must have looked poor or something. They acted the same way when I went looking there last time. Thats why I bought my old Legacy used at a dealership across the street.

Almost every dealership wants too much for used STIs, because they are STIs. STIs if you ask me have always been over priced. They are nice cars with some good features but they arent super cars. They are tuner cars, which means msot people want to get them and then put aftermarket parts all over it, but thats hard to do when they are charging 40grand for just the car. And if you have like an 05 or 06 STI most subaru dealerships will only give you 14-17k. If you have a legacy after 2 or 3 years you will only be getting 10-12k and these are well taken care of with around 40-50k miles on them.

I haven't been to this forum since I sold my stage 2.5 LGT to a good friend of mine. I ended up with a 04 GTO, which I imediately regretted. After about nine months I decided to trade in the GTO and look for another Legacy, but on my way to the dealership I was sidetracked by a gorgeous looking 350z track edition.

Fast forward about 6 months and I'm still missing my Legacy. After one winter of having to look at my 350z in the garage and not get to drive it. Not to mention drive my old 1990 Honda accord. I'm thinking of trading the Z in today on a used LGT.

I love the looks of the Z and the way it handles, I just feel like car is a little to flashy for me. And not as easy or cheap to upgrade. So are they're any former 350z owners on this forum, and if so did you feel the same way?

Wow... I can just see $1000's being lost here. Buy a car that you can hold for 6 years or 100k miles.

Steven

I must have looked poor or something. They acted the same way when I went looking there last time. Thats why I bought my old Legacy used at a dealership across the street.

Well you do live in Indiana; It's cold outside!! :p

Just kidding. Get the Legacy, as long as your not a race-tard. I owned a WRX, glad I got the legacy. Not the fastest but it rides so much more confortable and little bit more luxury to it.

The only reason I want to own a GTO is I careless about gas/fuel cost, want to REV my Flowmaster 40series so that you can hear me ROAR, want high insurance premium and last; I don't want anyone else in it.

Same for the 350z, except i'm sure it's not that bad on gas and I want to sound like a V8 roar. ;)

:lol:

BTW - I was a very impulsive car buyer. I used to trade cars every 3-months, until I went bust one year and filed for bankruptcy.

Wow... I can just see $1000's being lost here. Buy a car that you can hold for 6 years or 100k miles.

Not as much as you would think. I sold my Legacy to a friend and only lost around $1500, which was mostly in parts. The dealership I puchased the GTO from let me do the transaction of selling the Subaru through them which so that I didn't have to pay taxes for the full amount. I purchased the GTO for $19,000 and traded it for 19,500. You lose money buying and trading this much, but if you really search for the best deal you can minimize your loss.

Well you do live in Indiana; It's cold outside!! :p

:lol:

BTW - I was a very impulsive car buyer. I used to trade cars every 3-months, until I went bust one year and filed for bankruptcy.

Your making me feel better about this impulse allready.:)

If the GTO was a 6 speed, it probably got better gas mileage than the LGT and the 350z, i used to get 25mpg+freeway when i was making 400hp at the crank

It was somewhere about 22-24mpg on average which is on par with the LGT and 350z. Pretty damn good for a v8.

sounds like you need snow tires on your z!

The funny thing is that I still have the snow tires I used on the GTO. It made a big difference, but I swore I would never do that to a rwd sports car again.

Post some details about the Z...

Lorne

Its a Pearl Yellow track edition, mostly stock except for test pipes and XO2 exhaust. I love the looks of the car and it handles great, I just miss the convenience of having AWD and 4drs. I'll miss it once I no longer have it, or at least till I order about 3K worth of parts for the LGT.;)

Why did you swear that you will never put snow tires on a RWD car again? That's an interesting statement. In Germany, you can be held liable for an accident in the winter time if you don't have proper tires on your car in the winter. So, if I had to guess, I would say better than 50% of all cars (most German cars are RWD) had winter rims and tires.

Why did you swear that you will never put snow tires on a RWD car again? That's an interesting statement. In Germany, you can be held liable for an accident in the winter time if you don't have proper tires on your car in the winter. So, if I had to guess, I would say better than 50% of all cars (most German cars are RWD) had winter rims and tires.

What I said was that I'll never put snow tires on a RWD sports car. I'm sure they do it Germany all the time, for me personally it was a white knuckle experience in that particular car. My other reason is because they salt the roads here, and I just feel really guilty about being the one responsible for a nice sports car rotting twenty years later. I know it sounds weird coming from a guy who trades cars in once a year.

Archived