LegacyGT.com

Soooo, you think they'd notice?

as long as its a rental car no one will ever notice, and honestly as long as you tails are in good condition i dont think its a big deal. Is it shady, yes, will yo9u get away with it and not hurt anyone, yes again.

Rent it, get the insurance, and accidentally total it. Then find out who bought it as salvage, and slip them $5 for the tails. Then post the info to this board and we can part it out.

It has to be an accident, though, otherwise it's fraud.

*disclaimer

YMMV, I do not condone or approve of illegal activities, any responsibility for jail time and/or fines is yours and yours alone.

Heh, sorry...past my bedtime, and I spent all day moving. Too exhausted to be rational. Please disregard my previous post...it would be selfish to demolish a lovely OBXT just to get some taillights!

The only way a non-enthusiast would ever notice is if the car was in a fender bender (after the switch) and one taillight had to be replaced. Hell, even with mismatched taillights, a lot of idiots would not even notice. The body shop probably wouldn't even notice.

This opinion does not by any means condone said "switching" activity.

It is still ugly.

2nd that above, messing with cars is deffinitly high school behavior AT BEST. Like i said before you can easily get away with, and you wouldn't be hurting anyone, but you might sleep a little less at night and in the end is that really worth it for $2-300 for tails?

Archived