LegacyGT.com

Some PZEV questions and more

I live in CO and I just bought a 2.5i (my new member intro says all this) that was sold originally in CA so it is a pzev engine. My question is since CO no longer has emmission testing, is there anything I can do to modify the engine to not be as restrictive (both on air flow, and on performance parts I can install) since I won't have to get it tested? Also, I found a set of unorthadox racing pulleys for a LGT, would they still work on my 2.5i pzev?

There are a few things you can do, as long as you are not looking for large hp gains.

search the NA section for intake, for that info.

Headers don't give you much( and not worth the expense), if you can find one with the necessary O2 bungs.

Pulleys ok, but stick with standard diameter, NOT underdriven.

More bang for your buck in suspension and tire upgrades.

Have fun.

O.

I live in CO and I just bought a 2.5i (my new member intro says all this) that was sold originally in CA so it is a pzev engine. My question is since CO no longer has emmission testing, is there anything I can do to modify the engine to not be as restrictive (both on air flow, and on performance parts I can install) since I won't have to get it tested? Also, I found a set of unorthadox racing pulleys for a LGT, would they still work on my 2.5i pzev?

buy the gt

Ft. Collins is in Larimer County:

From http://www.revenue.state.co.us/mv_dir/wrap.asp?incl=emissions:

Colorado Motor Vehicle Emissions Program

Enhanced program area consists of the full counties of Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson as well as parts of the counties of Adams and Arapahoe.

Effective January 1, 2007, the basic gasoline emissions program area that consists of the counties of Larimer, Weld and El Paso will no longer require emission testing. Diesel vehicles must still be inspected. There have been no changes to the diesel inspection program in these counties.

The diesel emissions program area consists of the full counties of Boulder, Jefferson, Broomfield, Denver, and Douglas, as well as parts of Adams and Arapahoe, Larimer, Weld, and El Paso counties.

They note, however, that if you commute for any reason into the core area ("enhanced program" area), you've got to get tested. HPH

I am working on rustling up a good suspension setup and making her look good. waiting on the pm back from the suspension guy that was doing a package deal for bilsteins, etc. Hard to give up on HP gains but I will just set her up as good as possible then buy the GT after I graduate from college...

the counties of Larimer, Weld and El Paso will no longer require emission testing.
My family has property in Custer County and they are exempt as well. Just because that article states that 3 additional counties are stopping their testing it doesn't mean that the entire state of Colorado is going to stop testing emissions, which is what the OP stated.

Archived