The WRX is no More... Got a new Ride!

Said good bye to this today...

http://i17.tinypic.com/4v4wv1w.jpg

and now... I have...

http://i28.tinypic.com/2wfntye.jpg

Oh yeah!!!

http://i30.tinypic.com/jzzc42.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How much did those STI badges run ya? Was it pretty easy to remove the old badges and re-align them?

JK lol

Nice car though... I just dont like the styling of the new WRX's though, but on the plus side, they are a brilliant machine with quite a few advancements over the previous generations.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Great choice! I really wanted one of those, but didn't want to take more of a hit than I did trading in my 06 Legacy for the 07 Spec.B. Dumb moves financially, but hey, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do what is going to make you happy.

You know anyone that knows you has no idea anything has changed. "Isn't that the same car you've had for a while?"

At the most they think you added some wheels or something.

Who cares what others think, I'm damn sure the STI has to be much more fun to drive than the WRX.

B4 - congrats on the new STI.

If they offered it with an automated manual - it would be a no-brainer for me. I have no desire to row my own gears, which sadly eliminates it for me. I love the styling of the STI, the performance, but if this is gonna be my only car for 5+ years, I would rather an auto gear box.

Went down and looked at the new G8 , then went and checked out the sti (again) at my subaru dealer. I would be hardpressed to buy the STI. It looks way awesome and such but the G8 offers so much more (at least I think so). Plus the G8 is so much cheaper! But the sti is a dang mean car. Bring on the STI Legacy!

If they offered it with an automated manual - it would be a no-brainer for me. I have no desire to row my own gears, which sadly eliminates it for me. I love the styling of the STI, the performance, but if this is gonna be my only car for 5+ years, I would rather an auto gear box.

I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish!!!!

but no go. Maybe in a couple years? Then it will be time to swap out again.

This makes me even more anxious to get my new car! :D

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Went down and looked at the new G8 , then went and checked out the sti (again) at my subaru dealer. I would be hardpressed to buy the STI. It looks way awesome and such but the G8 offers so much more (at least I think so). Plus the G8 is so much cheaper! But the sti is a dang mean car. Bring on the STI Legacy!

I wouldn't settle for anything less than a GXP G8 that will come out later.

I wouldn't settle for anything less than a GXP G8 that will come out later.

Yeah, if you like paying the gas guzzler tax go with the GXP :) If you don't the G8 GT is a sweet deal. People are already tuning it to have close to GXP hp...

Guest heightsgtltd

Somehow I dont think that there is a huge market for used WRXs :hide:

Anyhow, congrats on the upgrade! The standard WRX looks like a neutered pig :)

Yeah, if you like paying the gas guzzler tax go with the GXP :) If you don't the G8 GT is a sweet deal. People are already tuning it to have close to GXP hp...

Thats because the ls2 in everyother car it was put in was a 400hp engine and tuned it would be a 420-430hp engine. The ls3 in the GXP is a 430hp engine yet in the G8 its only rated at 400. They are either underratting the cars which gm is known for or they are putting a very restrictive tune on them.

If you do get one just remember dont raise the redline unless you replace the pushrods or you will be replaceing alot more

Thanks everyone... I had an awesome opportunity to sell my WRX... I took less than a $3k hit. I would have kept the WRX but the STI was calling my name super hard. I guess a few g's is the price to pay for not wanting to wait for the STI.

heights... used WRX's are a big market... a lot of the tuner WRX's on nasioc were bought used... It's the only way a lot of younger guys can pick one up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You show two WRX photos (one is an STi) and you owned a Legacy? :iam:

IMHO the 08 STi is overpriced.

how? it's only $1000 more and you get a lot more for your money than prev gen STI's. I know, I just bought one last April (07) and buying this one next month (if it arrives). I'll pay about $2K more because I wanted the BBS package.

how? it's only $1000 more and you get a lot more for your money than prev gen STI's. I know, I just bought one last April (07) and buying this one next month (if it arrives). I'll pay about $2K more because I wanted the BBS package.

What do you mean by "you get alot more." Didn't the previous gen STI's start and end around $32k? Didn't they come with the BBS rims already? So assuming you pay MRSP, you are looking at roughly 37ishk versus 32k. What 5k more of stuff comes?

Archived