LegacyGT.com

:p Hi friends! I am a Subbie Lover from Costa Rica! Nice to meet you all! I've always loved Subarus and since I remember in my house there have been only Subarus in the garage! The situation is this: Four months ago My father brought a Subaru Legacy. Legacys that I knew before had 1.8 liter engines, 2.2 liter engines and 2.2 TURBO engines. This Legacy we brought had a EJ20 engine (2.0 liter turbo) I have been looking for this model in the Internet and I have found several models. I think it is a Legacy GT Spec B, Oh, I forgot something important! Our Legacy is model 1993. Someones call it B4, other Blitzen, others GT Spec B! What I wanted to know is exactly what I have and it's specs! It's not a 165 HP 2.2 liter turbo, because it makes 6.5 from 0 to 60 being a station wagon, so it has to have something big spooling down there! Other thing is that we were looking for a manual for it, because it brings a very simple manual but this manual doesn't bring esscential things like torque specificaions or electric schemes. I think that's all! Thanks for your Help! This Legacy was exported from ITALY!

Luis... San Jose, Costa Rica...

First off, welcome to the boards! Unfortunately I do not know specs for your wagon, but hopefully someone else can help. I know Apexjapan might be of assistance if he sees this thread, as he's from Japan, so he might know. Also--moving thread to correct section. :)
-ben

It is either the last of the first generation JDM Legacy 2.0 Turbo, or the first of the second generation JDM Legacy 2.0 twin-turbo. In the first case, about 200hp from a single turbo setup, in the second case, about 250hp from a twin-turbo setup. If it is a second generation sedan, it is the RS model, if it is a second generation wagon, it could be called the Spec B, which eventually would mean Bilstein suspension, but in that year merely meant a slightly sportier damper setup.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.apexjapan.com

From Italy is likely to be a BC/BF era car. They were plenty quick - good strong motors (not over stressed) and well built. IC will be a liquid/air type, so as time goes on the liquid will get warmer, but that can be fixed.

"Legacy GT" is the full name IIRC.

200ps(147.1kw) / 6000rpm and 26.5kg・m(259.9N・m) / 3600rpm are the catalog motor specs for a BC/BF of that era.

And btw, watch out for Paul's understatement - he is legendary for it ;) - the BG GT B-spec was a stiff mofo of a car - sold because Subaru wanted to prove it had the sportiest estate available. Many of the testers came back with their false teeth in their pockets ;)

HTH

Thanks you all! I'm very happy to exchange knowledge with you! I knew you were the right people! 200 HP they are ahhh? Well, thats more than ok with me! The car is a 93' model but his fisrt owner an old italian almost never used it. He sent the car to his son that lived here in Costa Rica and the guy never knew exactly what he had. He sold the car to us. In 4 months there have been no repairements on the car because it is simply like new! It has 60 000 miles! In a 93' model that's nothing! It makes from 0 to 60 in 6.5 seconds and it reaches like 230 kilometers per hour. That's like 120 miles I think. Here in Costa Rica we only talk about kilometers. Here you have some pics of my car! Hope you like it! I am part of the Impreza Community of Costa Rica. If you want to visti us go to www.imprezacr.com! Enjoy it!

Thanks again! Luis...

0098_03mg.jpg.e8af3e30e549297dd5c518d015f5a667.jpg

Set54_08.jpg.47e233d49ad5b5085834e89e7255f114.jpg

Set126_02.jpg.a9b299a2c7df086a862d48996a1f325b.jpg

1944694396_SubaruLegacyGTSpecB1991.jpg.a8d1f4b1564ba9d161ce926295322640.jpg

from the pix, it looks like a regular 2.2t turbo legacy to me. is that an auto? don't those make like 160hp? at least over here in North America.

The North American Legacy first generation Turbo didn't get the air to water intercooler - sure sign it's the JDM-based 2.0-litre that made 200ps. 220ps in the rare RA form that was Subaru's first 2.0-liter WRC homologation special (that's right, the Legacy was the first STi's, not the WRX!). ;)

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

• 3 weeks later...

From your website, www.imprezacr.com , are you now getting US spec models since 2003? I know that you were getting euro spec Legacy back then, but has something changed? I know Panama started getting the US STi but kept euro cars for the rest of the lineup.

For more info on your car, you may check out www.legacycentral.org which focuses more on the older styles of the Leggy and www.scoobynet.co.uk which could have some info on the euro versions.

Yes, what comes to our country is all from the US. Before 1996 I think, what came were Japanese models. Now we have the US STi that is the one with 300 HP. Thanks for replying my question, I have found a lot from the car by now! It has 208 HP. The same engine that the first Impreza ever! Nice! Thanks...

Luis...

If you started getting US models, it started in 2004 (aside from the Baja). I was looking at importing a US WRX wagon because the dealer there couldn't/wouldn't order a wagon for me. I didn't import one because I wouldn't have had the 17" wheels, large fog lights, much better seats, and 4 piston brakes even though the car would have been cheaper.

OMG!!!!!! Preston is back!!!!! Dude!
OMG!!!! :lol: I lurk around every few days, but I generally don't feel like I have much to add. Sorry, that was definitely off topic.

It's a shame that you don't get a Legacy turbo there, but at least you get the good shorter bumpers. I always thought it was stupid that Costa Rica never at least got the euro versions of the STi. The big fat salesman down they only got Japanese versions, and that those STi's needed race fuel. Funny how none of those other cars there are right hand drive. He never understood that even the JDM WRX had 250hp compared to CR's 218hp.

btw, this was my car down there: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211&highlight=peugeot

Archived