LegacyGT.com

StreetTuner ECU Reset Question

Legacy_GT_Pilot

What happens when you reset your ECU through StreetTuner? I did this today to remove a CEL (related to a wet air filter), and noticed that my Max Airflow re-set back to 300! It's a good thing I noticed, because if I pushed my car enough I would have exceeded this and run very very lean. Max Airflow is a base table - why did this happen?

All of the other Realtime tables I've been modifying through my Live Tuning stayed as they were - boost targets, wastegate, intake calibration, primary ignition, etc.

Any thoughts.

Dave

________

Kitchen Measures

What happens when you reset your ECU through StreetTuner? I did this today to remove a CEL (related to a wet air filter), and noticed that my Max Airflow re-set back to 300! It's a good thing I noticed, because if I pushed my car enough I would have exceeded this and run very very lean. Max Airflow is a base table - why did this happen?

All of the other Realtime tables I've been modifying through my Live Tuning stayed as they were - boost targets, wastegate, intake calibration, primary ignition, etc.

Any thoughts.

Dave

Thoughts;

Are you reading this when connected to the ECU? If so then your base map had/has this value. Resetting the ECU won't change base map settings.

Check your base map. Check the car again. This will define what you do.

When connected to the car's ECU what ST shows you will be what is in the car's ECU. When you are at home, disconnected from the ECU, the value (Max Airflow in this case) will be whatever value is in the base map for the realtime that is presently loaded.

That's my understanding as well but when I open the Base Map that's currently on my car via StreetTuner it shows a airflow max value different than when I connect to my ECU and select Live Tuning. When I connected to my ECU the last few days it's always read what's in my MAP, but when I connected on three different occassions today it read 300. I just happened to check a few tables after I reset the ECU today and noticed it - very odd.

I know it was set-up correctly before because I logged some full throttle runs and my AFRs were great - no leaning out at all at high loads and high RPMs.

Dave

________

You do not pull down base map info when connecting to live tuning! ST displays the last basemap you used when it was open. And if you changed the location of the last used map while ST was not running, then it would default to a Cobb base map.

I cannot explain why your basemap in ST is displaying differently after a reset, but I am pretty sure it was NOT as a direct result of resetting the ecu. And I also have found that reseting the ecu in ST doesn't blow out the RT map, only reset's the learned tables.

IF you have not changed the basemap on the car, then you can be confident that YOUR MAX MaF flow is whatever you had it set at:) Dig up the Basemap that is truly on the car, and then you will not get confused as to what's on the car.

I myself have been forgetful during all of my many map changes, that I have resorted to pulling down the ROM image via Ecuflash, and then using Romraider to confirm what settings are in my base map. Then used this info to build a ST basemap. As I rarely if ever use ST/AP to transfer base map changes anymore, as the opensource tools blow it away in terms of speed....

When connected to the car's ECU what ST shows you will be what is in the car's ECU. When you are at home, disconnected from the ECU, the value (Max Airflow in this case) will be whatever value is in the base map for the realtime that is presently loaded.

Actually, ST will display whatever the last basemap that was opened. IT could be a completely unrelated basemap, and your actual RT, and ST will display it without question. These maps are not synched, you need to keep track fo what you have in there.

Particularly with the guys who have most of their tune in the RT.

Truth be told, I don't use ST for any base map changes, I just use opensource tools if I need to modify the tables outside of what is available in RT. So I don't even bother with looking at what base map is in my ST....

Actually, ST will display whatever the last basemap that was opened. IT could be a completely unrelated basemap, and your actual RT, and ST will display it without question. These maps are not synched, you need to keep track fo what you have in there.

Particularly with the guys who have most of their tune in the RT.

Truth be told, I don't use ST for any base map changes, I just use opensource tools if I need to modify the tables outside of what is available in RT. So I don't even bother with looking at what base map is in my ST....

It's a good thing you still get in here and unravel snarls :).

I guess I got around to 'assuming' what I said because I am religious about maintaining the correct base map, as indicated at the bottom of the ST screen, after early, very confusing, problems when I didn't know to do that.

And this does it, I'm tired of the juggling with bytes in ST every time I want to change something in my base map. As it is I don't have all the files I'd like changed in my base map actually changed, I don't have space and ST won't let me. With what you have clarified as another negative issue with ST my Tactrix cable is going to get hot ASAP.

I completely agree with you on that one Seeeeya! I leverage the tools at my disposal as best I can, and using ST for basemap changes isn't one of them:lol:

Oh yeah, I forgot....I keep the ST supplied cable with the AP in the trunk. I exclusively use the Tactrix cable to do all of my RT map tuning, as well as flashing the rom image onto the ECU via opensource tools;)

Archived