LegacyGT.com

bird droppings and paint

Yesterday morning, I had some bird droppings on the car and didn't have a chance to wash them off until later in the day. Now, where the droppings were, the gloss is gone in the paint. If you look closely, you see a flat splotch. Any ideas on how to get this back to gloss again? I know some of you are dissatisfied with Subaru paint Is this what you were talking about? I'm kind of surprised because I don't recall having this problem with other cars I've owned.

Yesterday morning, I had some bird droppings on the car and didn't have a chance to wash them off until later in the day. Now, where the droppings were, the gloss is gone in the paint. If you look closely, you see a flat splotch. Any ideas on how to get this back to gloss again? I know some of you are dissatisfied with Subaru paint Is this what you were talking about? I'm kind of surprised because I don't recall having this problem with other cars I've owned.

What you have in your paint is called ETCHING in the paint. It can be pain in the a** to remove on the subaru's soft paint. Try to remove bird droppings before it bakes on the paint, sun and bird droppings are not good combination.

there is some how to articles here;

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4891

i agree, dont let the bird crap sit...ever, regqardless of sun or not.

there are so many corrosive chemicals in there, and also not to mention diseases too.

paint cleaner should do the trick.

Wow, I've let the bird droppings on my paint sit forever....:)

In all truth, my wife's black Saturn Ion was pretty much permanent burn marks on her roof from bird droppings I left on. Granted, I never took THAT good of care of her car...but nonetheless, that's some toxic crap.

I live in a townhome and my parking spaces are underneath a tree. I have literally come outside, having parked a perfectly clean car the night before, to a car with 15-20 droppings on it.

Joe

Archived