LegacyGT.com

Anybody see the new Infiniti M45?

I think I'm the only one that liked the original one, too. I thought it was understated and refined with an elegance the bloated Germans could only dream of getting back with their crass luxobarges. I want to see the new one in person as some pictures look nice, but a few I've seen look awkward from some angles.

Steve

Not bad for a $50K luxury cruiser.

0-60 in 5.3 seconds

1/4 in 13.8 @ 101.5

Just absolutely humiliates the competition from

Acura (the new RL) and Lexus (the old GS430).

i actually was right next to one on the way to working out this morning. i dig the styling.

I think I'm the only one that liked the original one, too. I thought it was understated and refined with an elegance the bloated Germans could only dream of getting back with their crass luxobarges. I want to see the new one in person as some pictures look nice, but a few I've seen look awkward from some angles.

Steve

Nope you have a fellow supporter here too +1 :)

New one is nice too. Acura RL although not as quick I still think is a very nice car. In the market for a large $50k luxury sports sedan. You now have two AWESOME choices.

Are we talking about the current offering, or the 2006 M concept?

2006 Infinity M concept page

Anybody notice that the M concept side glass profile looks an aweful lot like the Legacy?

Active Rear steering, AWD (variable like G35), and a big V8 engine. Sounds like a full on luxury car step up from a Legacy. Looks a bit like one, and has AWD as well.

As for the current offering, the design is absolutely wrong. chunky and not sleek at all. The stats would be nice, if one could stand to look at the car. the front is blockish and upright, and the rear surfaces are raked forward. The new 300C pulled off the "bouncer sedan" look better.

With the 5 series the way it is, and while the E-class is nice, this M concept is a very interesting performance alternative. It will be interesting to see what Toyota does for the upcoming GS (and IS for that matter) I still think the Jag S-Type R supercharged V8 is still my favorite.

The M Concept IS the new M35 and M45.

They'll be in dealerships soon. It's at the LA Auto Show and magazines

have already tested them.

The numbers I listed at the top (first) post is from the full test

in Road and Track.

I don't think it looks like a Legacy at all.

It looks like a big brother of the G35. Which in fact it is.

But it looks better than the G35.

The outgoing M45 looked basically just like the late 90's Q45.

Not really sure why Infiniti did that, but they got the new M45 right.

Driver72,

Take a look at a profile shot. Look at the "greenhouse" lines. the c-pillar kickback. and the general "straightness" of the lines looks like a legacy from the side.

The G35's windows from the side look much les angular and more rounded on the top line, with a drop at the end.

Of course the front and rear are infinity-branded look, and you are right, it is the bigger slicker brother to the G35. I actually like the new M better than the G, and it is in a whole new league from the old M45.

Personally, though, for G35 money, I'll take a Legacy GT with some serious and tasty mods. For M45 money, I would consider it, especially for its AWD, but I really like the Jag S-type R.

Personally, though, for G35 money, I'll take a Legacy GT with some serious and tasty mods. For M45 money, I would consider it, especially for its AWD, but I really like the Jag S-type R.
OOhhh...well...I'd have to still go witha m45 over teh Jag. I don't want an "overdone Ford." :p

I'd take the M45 over the standard Jag S-Type. The R model Jag, though, has the tasty silver and green R-spec (brembo) brakes, the very-old-school wire mesh grille, and 390hp supercharged 4L V8.

If the Jag is an "overdone ford" I suppose Ian Callum's DB9, AMV8, and Vanquish are, as well. I'd take one of those in less than a heartbeat, even over a 575 Ferrari, but maybe not a new 430. (Ferrari's 575-based Superamerica with the pivoting glass electro-chromic variable tint glass roof is slick as hell, though.)

back on topic, though. I think the M45 is a nice looking car, and for the money, has WAY more presence than the RL Acura, which looks too soft-edged for me, which is ironic, considering how knife-edged the TSX and TL are. Plus the Infinity's 4.5 V8 will likely have way more punch than the Acura's V6.

I was previously dissapointed that the Q45 was nice looking, but the plush of the two, where the previous M45 was IMHO ugly. Now this might even the score for the sportier of the sisters.

I like the M45's look better than the Caddy STS (although the STS-V will likely be a beast) and the BMW 5. I like the E-class, especially the AMG, but Merc has been having some reliability troubles lately, which is decidedly un-benz-like, and far too chrysler like. I think they switched corporate personalities. The A8L is also a fine looker, but we have all heard Audi's stories lately, plus there is no S8 version.

The Mazerati Quattroporte is an interesting choice, basically being a 4 door ferrari. (same 4.2 V8 short block as the Ferrari 430) If they dress one up the same way that they just made over the GranSport Coupe, that would be a very interesting choice.

The Jag SuperV8 (XJ) looks very cool, too, but the S-Type R is more classic in profile, and is probably a slight bit better of a driver, due to it's lesser weight. But, then again, I am a bit of a sucker for english cars, despite their "quirks", shall we say.

One thing is for sure, the upper-crust sedan market certainly is swimming with sharks, and probably isn't going to get any easier with a new Lexus GS coming.

One car that I doubt will ever get built, but would love to see... would be a Porsche 4 door grand touring sedan. With a nice organic shape, and a sweeping roofline. A more gracious and sleek alternative to the Mazerati Quattroporte. The Cayenne has the engines for it, (especially the V8 Turbo) and they could have made it RWD and/or AWD. Heck, they could have just thrown the 911 Turbo's engine and drivetrain in right way-round and had a fast car, too. It could have been a spiritual successor to the long-legged 928. I wish they had done that more than an SUV. Oh, well.

Archived