LegacyGT.com

OEM y-pipe removing crimp area only

Beanboy

My DP tapers to 2.5" and seals nicely to the OEM y-pipe. Also like the stock resonator, and will be keeping the stock cans.

Make any sense to remove the next restriction in the line, the crimped area just before the split in the y-pipe versus going aftermarket for a whole new midpipe/y-pipe?

I know a few folks have done that here on the forum, expect some PMs!

-B

My DP tapers to 2.5" and seals nicely to the OEM y-pipe. Also like the stock resonator, and will be keeping the stock cans.

Make any sense to remove the next restriction in the line, the crimped area just before the split in the y-pipe versus going aftermarket for a whole new midpipe/y-pipe?

I know a few folks have done that here on the forum, expect some PMs!

-B

I think you will be happy with just buying an aftermarket mid/y pipe with your stock cans. I was running that way for a while and it stayed very quiet.

Ayup, that's an option. But then I would be tempted to slice the small 2.5" section on my downpipe off, and would need a small 3" section welded in.

Or barring that, deal with a flat flange connection where the donut one is currently, along with instead of one pipe, two pipes.

I've got a PM into somebody on the board with a custom 2.5" job, see how that went. Next time I swing by the shop I'll ask as well and see what they think.

That crimped area, what are the dimensions again? 1.5" by xxx?

magnaflow makes a 2.5 y pipe...you can get them on ebay.

this is one of those that I would say you need to buy from a manufacturer. Only let a very experienced exhaust guy "make" you a y... otherwise there is no way of controlling the flow so that it flows evenly through it...

Archived