LegacyGT.com

GPS DIY mount

leggtnut

So I finally got around to making a DIY mount for my new TomTom. I will post pictures tomorrow. But It sitts just above my STI gauges (your pockets for those w/out the nifty STI guages). I used ShapeLock to form it and then used the supplied windshild mount and suction bace to mount it to the dash. Pictures will do it much better, but needed to get the camera from the wife and it is too late to take pictures. Will take a fiew and post them here tomorrow.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

So here are the pictures as prommised. I have tested it on ruff high ways windy roads at a good pace. I don't think it will move unless I want it to.

100_5035.thumb.jpg.8f816a832bd340d89cb0ad3f125d6ae2.jpg

100_5039.thumb.jpg.256b765023b82a01b8b54e4bb0bde3f8.jpg

100_5040.thumb.jpg.d8060e205c3c3f8c5b2cbac75e9b883b.jpg

100_5041.thumb.jpg.b6c23ea0923fd2787b4c44ce58ca3604.jpg

Subaru Ambassador PNW

The oozing white is plastic which still needs to be painted and trimmed to make it look better. Out here in CA, it is illegal to mount anyting on the windshild below the rear view mirror so I had to find a alternative. And the left side of the stearing wheel, though a great location, didn't work too well for me becuase I had troubles operating it reliably with the left hand, and made it impossible for my wife to use it when being a passanger.

Install TomTom Home 2.2 and it will be in the options for installing voices, sounds, etc...

Subaru Ambassador PNW

It doesn't seem so, and it doesnt' stop people from doing it. But I just don't want the added ticket if I get pulled over.

It's a much better app than Home 2.1. It seems that they have fixed the prices on the traffic and what not in eruo's and they now apear in dollars. They also have added a connection to the tomtom forums to download startup and shutdown screens like mine.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I would install the version that came in the box of the TomTom and then update it, or it will ask for an update in a short while.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Archived