LegacyGT.com

Anyone looking for an external HDD.. look here :)

jsalicru

I have a 1Tb external WD "My Book" USB 2.0 HDD. Used for about 1 month to back up my macs. I would actually say 2 weeks since I was on vacation for 2 weeks out of that month.

Have all documentation and stuff.. I would just return it if it wasn't for the fact that I don't have the receipt.

Looking for $180 shipped.

Only reason I want to sell is because I got a Time Capsule so I have no need for this.

1503400166_Photo110.jpg.fbb8e6ebe8782b7626c01406dc48eaed.jpg

1675952708_Photo111.jpg.db05f50eb962f74f24028ceb5cc7f27d.jpg

112863477_Photo112.jpg.534d3412d8eb34582efd5c6c07ceda30.jpg

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Well, I could take the pics if you REALLY need them... but its a good deal and I know it hehe. And yes, I CAN hook it up to my Time Capsule and have 1.5 Tb but I really don't have that much need... hence the reason Im selling. I really wanted the Time Capsule cause I wanted a backup system + wireless-N for my house. I have an iMac + a MacBook + a MacBook Pro and wanted to take advantage of wifi backups which can only be done with the Time Capsule.

Yes, its exactly the same as the picture posted. I will take pics and edit.. just need to take it out since I packaged it up already

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

if it was firewire I'd probably take it.

unless its firewire 800 there isnt much difference in speed between usb 2.0 vs firewire 400... plus usb 2.0 is more abundant. now if it were firewire 800... yum!

of course.. I think its going away no matter what.. my mom seems interested in it considering she is running out of space in one of her computers at home... I also have my apple hookup who seems somewhat interested.. we shall see... worst comes to worst.. I'll just keep it ;) and connect it to my Time Capsule anyways..

yes and no... it just depends on how you format it. For example... OS X will read/write FAT32 but not NTFS... not that you would format a 1Tb drive in FAT32 anyways....

nevertheless in that particular case there is software like "Parallels" that cure's that.

But, yes, you can format a drive using a particular format type and use it in many different types of OS

unless its firewire 800 there isnt much difference in speed between usb 2.0 vs firewire 400... plus usb 2.0 is more abundant. now if it were firewire 800... yum!

fw400 to me is a lot faster than usb2 ... theoritical speed might be the same but if you use both, you know that fw400 has better sustained rate of transfer. their burst speed might be similiar (400vs480) but sustained, fw blows usb out the water

yes and no... it just depends on how you format it. For example... OS X will read/write FAT32 but not NTFS... not that you would format a 1Tb drive in FAT32 anyways....

nevertheless in that particular case there is software like "Parallels" that cure's that.

But, yes, you can format a drive using a particular format type and use it in many different types of OS

OSX should be formated HFS+ ... but then you lose compatibility with winblows.

Archived