LegacyGT.com

18" Rota Tarmac IIs in bronze

LandShark

Got my new wheels and tires put on today (yes, it's raining in California!).

The wheels are Rota Tarmac IIs in bronze. The tires are Flaken Azenis ST115 in 225/40/18 size.

I already had my windows done with bronze tinting so it makes a nice match. Goes great with the Regal Blue paint.

I know that it now looks like the car is running around in "high-water" jeans. The set of Swift Sport springs coming from AVO Japan will solve that problem in a couple of weeks.

I've only driven about 5 miles so far. Nothing good or bad to report. I wanted to get a weight of the stock v. Rota/tire combo but the installer did not have a scale. From the simple task of lifting both it feels like the new setup does NOT weigh any more. I know from the website that the Rota's weigh 20.5 lbs. That about the same as the stock wheels.

After I get the stockers cleaned up, they will be available for sale at $200 apiece. The tires have 8,500 highway miles on them. Lots of tread depth left on em.

427600348_Rotawheels.JPG.27f95a16d01b682b307db8a50eb4e87f.JPG

1952832165_Rotawheel.JPG.1aa2e4b4ea0a84b14213b5f4ef9ad3d4.JPG

maybe I'm a little paranoid (no I'm not!).

I posted a pic of the bronze Rota IIs a couple of months ago when I was picking out new wheels to buy. I got several positive replies on the style of the wheel but 3 or 4 folks poo-pooed the bronze color choice.

I like it because it gives a hint of the gold touch without the over-the-top dazzle of true gold wheels like on the STi.

I've got a nice closeup pic but the attachment manager won't let me use it. It's about 20kbit too big. I'm trying to find a software loaded on my wife's computer at home to do some fancy size editing. No luck yet.

Car looks good, Ive been thinking of getting bronze 18" tarmac II's for my black lgt, either that or the spec b wheels. not really sure what I am going to go with just yet. really would like to see some bronze tarmac ii's on a black legacy though :)

Got to play around with my news wheels/tires in the rain for a while. I LIKE EM!

The Falken's seem to have very good wet traction. The car's response seems unchanged so that must mean the dynamics (weight) did not change in a meaningful way.

I just love the look of bronze wheels. Very classy. Got my first compliment while pumping gas.

maybe I'm a little paranoid (no I'm not!).

I posted a pic of the bronze Rota IIs a couple of months ago when I was picking out new wheels to buy. I got several positive replies on the style of the wheel but 3 or 4 folks poo-pooed the bronze color choice.

I like it because it gives a hint of the gold touch without the over-the-top dazzle of true gold wheels like on the STi.

I've got a nice closeup pic but the attachment manager won't let me use it. It's about 20kbit too big. I'm trying to find a software loaded on my wife's computer at home to do some fancy size editing. No luck yet.

Don't listen to the naysayers....they look sharp (almost as good as my anthracite P1's :lol: ). By the way, what's the offset? I have an issue with rubbing with 48mm offset on my Volks, but it's fine with the 52mm (I think) P1's.

If you want, shoot me the pic toand I will size it down for you and email it back to post.

the offset was 48 mm. i sure don't want a rubbing problem. did you hear/feel it? or did you just notice some scuffing on the fender wheel wells?

i hit a decent dip in the road and sure felt it a lot harsher than the stock setup. only going about 10 mph so no damage done just a noticable "wham." got to be much more careful with these low-profile tires.

i was able to edit the closeup pic and reposted it on the first item of this thread next to the angle view shot.

i went with the 48mm offset because they were in stock and that number (48mm) was right in the middle of the range that Xenonk said should fit this wheel/tire size. i hope it does.

Are those tires a performance tire vs all-season? My P1's with Kumho ASX ride pretty close to stock while the Volks with SO-3s are brutally stiff. Both are the same 225/40/18.

The only time I have an issue with rubbing is backing out of the driveway....the suspension is fully compressed and I have to turn the wheels to back out. I have stopped right at the point where I here noise and feel the resistance and the tire is barely touching the fender liner. Chalk that up to a wider and taller tire and the offset. The same size with more offset doesn't do that.

This is the only time I have heard the rub (though it is consistently there every time I pull out of the driveway), so you shouldn't worry about it.....it doesn't affect street driving.

Archived