LegacyGT.com

Moving from OBXT to LGT

ahendy

A little over 6 months ago, I purchased a 2008 Outback XT. While I love the car, it turns out it just wasn't quite the vehicle for me. It's almost too "rugged". I wanted something a little sleeker, sportier, and dare I say, sexier.

I'm moving to a 2008 Legacy GT soon. I went to the dealership last weekend and test drove a couple, and I really like what I've seen. The ride is nice, it has the same familiar purr of my OBXT, and plain and simple, it's a beautiful car.

I'd like to know what I can expect to be different when I switch to the Legacy. Obviously it's lower, etc. But what on the inside is different than my Outback? Brakes? Exhaust? etc...

I do live on a dirt road, but nothing too rough. And we do get the occasional snow storm, but nothing too intense. For these reasons, I figure the legacy should be just fine.

Also, what mods should I consider doing right away? My absolute first one will be tinted windows/taillight overlays, but what else should be done? Sway bar upgrade?

Thanks, looking forward to picking up my LGT!!

Not trading it, fortunately. My mom is in desperate need of a new car, so she's just going to take the Outback, and she'll make the payments on the new Legacy. I paid for the Outback in full, so it's not a worry.

A little over 6 months ago, I purchased a 2008 Outback XT. While I love the car, it turns out it just wasn't quite the vehicle for me. It's almost too "rugged". I wanted something a little sleeker, sportier, and dare I say, sexier.

I'm moving to a 2008 Legacy GT soon. I went to the dealership last weekend and test drove a couple, and I really like what I've seen. The ride is nice, it has the same familiar purr of my OBXT, and plain and simple, it's a beautiful car.

I'd like to know what I can expect to be different when I switch to the Legacy. Obviously it's lower, etc. But what on the inside is different than my Outback? Brakes? Exhaust? etc...

I do live on a dirt road, but nothing too rough. And we do get the occasional snow storm, but nothing too intense. For these reasons, I figure the legacy should be just fine.

Also, what mods should I consider doing right away? My absolute first one will be tinted windows/taillight overlays, but what else should be done? Sway bar upgrade?

Thanks, looking forward to picking up my LGT!!

You will get several answers about what mod should be first. It really depends on what you want, I would guess. My mods in order were:

1. Cobb Sways and Endlinks (a good discussion on sways can be found here). The guy posting was on an Outback, so his struggles with fitment won't apply to you... Endlinks are debatable on the need, but I got them used as a bundle for a very good deal.
  2. K&N Panel Filter
  3. Kartboy Short-throw Shifter -- feels great. Some recommend bushings to go with it...
  4. Accessport/Cobb Catted DP/Perrin TMIC with a Protune -- wanted Stage 2+ all at once

Mods for the future:

1. Winter Tires & Rims -- some will tell you getting rid of the RE92s should be your first priority, but I'll be honest and say that they are fine for an average daily driver. In snow, however, I highly recommend winter compound tires. (Coming this Fall)
  2. Stainless Brake Lines, fluid & pad upgrade -- As you add powa you might want to enhance your ability to go slowa! :lol: (Spring '09)
  3. Coilovers -- once again, some will tell you the suspension is more important than power from initial mods priority, but I felt sways got the job done for a start. (Targetting Summer '09)
  4. Cat-back Exhaust -- I did the DP for Stage 2, and I kinda like the sleeper feel of a near-stock exhaust note. But I think the Stage 3 bug has already started to bite and free flowing exhaust is a requirement. (Not sure, this Summer or next...)
  5. Upgraded Turbo/Fuel Pump/and possibly injectors -- likely even more to this as I go to Stage 3. I don't want to go with a FMIC, only enough to bump my WHP above 300.
  6. And the list goes on and on... :lol:

Archived