LegacyGT.com

Navigation question

Maybe this belongs in the Outback section, but there isn't much discussion over there. Last August, we bought my wife an '08 Outback LLBean Limited with navigation. We've only taken the car on short trips, so we haven't had much chance to use the nav system. Yesterday, she tries to program a trip from Long Island to eastern Pennsylvania and we find out that the system only has info for NY up through New England. Is this the info that comes with the car or did the dealer install incorrect/insufficient disks?

Guest heightsgtltd
Should be the entire US, unless there are different DVDs for different parts of the country. Even so, NY an PA should be on the same disc :lol:

Are there not any other discs in your paperwork or anything? I'm thinking somewhere something's not right. I don't have the OEM NAV, but would think that they'd provide discs for the whole country if everything wasn't contained on one disc itself.

There is an Interior/Audio section to the forum, where you'd probably have good luck getting your question answered.

Man!!! The more I read on here about "OEM Nav" systems the happier I am that I got Garmin..........All of North America on one chip and an "All in" cost of $299...lifetime free software upgrades and total portability +1 Garmin -1 Subaru

Thanks for all the good advice. Duh, reading the instructions would help! There's a setting on the screen that moves among several regions within the eastern half of the U.S. so you're searching in the right area. Same with the disk for the West. If you're in the NY-New England region, it's not going to give you a destination in Pennsylania.

Archived