LegacyGT.com

New carpet hook pics

canis

I've been swindled.

After looking at the pdf of the TSB, the replacement hook they installed instead of the defective one is a different design than the one in the pdf.

Why? Why? I'm so pissed. I was at the dealer with the main Subaru Service Tech and he was trying to open the TSB online, but everytime he tried to open it fscking Adobe Acrobat would say corrupt file can't open or something like that. Being that I'm a computer g33k, I was about to give him some advice on how to open it when he just gave up.

Why does this have to happen ? DAMN IT.

I'll post pics of the incorrect replacement hook they installed.

I'm gonna go back and hopefully they can replace it on the spot, else I'll just get the new hook and install it myself.

fbi012, thanks again for the TSB's pdf.

Mojo

Hook1.jpg.821e6cf8fd7a78d321209190d6eb2ccd.jpg

Hook2.jpg.14a1b6e91e3e5ca7fd5e93ec221ef9e3.jpg

Hook3.jpg.f138c3a8e8534058837c360b12735f68.jpg

I keed I keeed

I've been swindled.

Actually - that is the new hook that I posted pictures of. It works much better than the snap-on "hook" hook. It even works well with the Subaru all-weather rubber mats I picked up yesterday. Woo hoo!!!!

Actually - that is the new hook that I posted pictures of. It works much better than the snap-on "hook" hook. It even works well with the Subaru all-weather rubber mats I picked up yesterday. Woo hoo!!!!

First it is not a hook, it is not POINTY.:D

Second, I talked to my dealer and mentioned the TSB's number and he confirmed that they installed a "hook" with the wrong part number. We setup an appointment for me to come in and will have it done on the fly, so I'm happy.:)

Anyways, I'm considering getting those rubber mats, so are you saying that the current "hook" I have works better than the original hook design ?

Mojo

I keed I keeed

Yes. For future reference we'll refer to the original hook as the "hook," and the new part as "da nub" :lol:

The hook snaps to the floorboard. One twist of your foot while getting in or out, or one accidental kick and it comes unsnapped and the hook comes off. With da nub, it actually sandwiches the carpet and is fastened to itself. Kick or twist, it'll only swivel. Works much better than the hook, with the carpet or rubber mats.

Go for da nub!

None of these fix the issue I have.....the mat slides around to the side since the hook is at the left front. This jams under the pedals and makes it dangerous. I constantly have to adjust the mat to keep it in place. The MINI has a hook and two sided velcro - one on the carpet and one on the mat to keep it in place. Damn German engineering even in a floor mat. :D

Yes. For future reference we'll refer to the original hook as the "hook," and the new part as "da nub" :lol:

The hook snaps to the floorboard. One twist of your foot while getting in or out, or one accidental kick and it comes unsnapped and the hook comes off. With da nub, it actually sandwiches the carpet and is fastened to itself. Kick or twist, it'll only swivel. Works much better than the hook, with the carpet or rubber mats.

Go for da nub!

I know that with the old bad hook it will do that, but I'm guessing that with the newly-designed hook it is not going to easily snap off.

Da nub doesn't work with the carpet mats. Like I described earlier the carpeted mat just slides off Da nub because it is not holding it back like a hook would. But you still think I should stick with Da nub if I go for the rubber mats?

Mojo

I keed I keeed

Hmmm...well in that case, you'll probably have to try both and see what works for you. My carpet mats never had a problem with da nub, and neither do the rubbers. But if you're having trouble with the carpets, you may have trouble with the rubbers as well. Hell, just take some fishing line and sew it to the floor!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I asked my dealership about it today and they said it would be a few hours before they could bring the car in to check it out. I don't know why it takes so long to look at a simple little thing, but apparantly it does. I figure I'll just sort it out the next time I go in for an oil change.

What is the part number for the new hook? Maybe I'll just order that and install it myself if they are going to make me take my car in and waste an afternoon sitting around at the dealership.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I would say OC that your dealer sucks. All my dealer did was walk out to the car see that the hook was out of the hole and went inside and ordered the new ones. Even when the new ones came in I just picked them up and installed them myself. I wasn't going to wait 2 hours for something that I could do in 10 mins.

I apparently have the new hook already. For anyone who is uncertain, here is my crappy pics of the new hook. Never understood what people were talking about with carpet sliding around.

Funny thing is, I always hated how tall the hook is because it's almost obtrusive.

http://burnedimage.afraid.org/temp/hook1.jpg

http://burnedimage.afraid.org/temp/hook2.jpg

Archived