LegacyGT.com

Official IPT 5EAT Fully Rebuilt Performance Transmission Review

hutru01

He sure does......

Iamboon has been @ 450+whp for over 6mo with no issues. S.S. makes sure the cars are running perfectly under all load conditions. As silly as it may sound to some the car is actually running a fairly conservative tune.

huturu, how is your oil consumption?

^ well every since i put 10W30 in there it stopped burning as much......the 5w30 was apparently too thin.....I am just not burning oil like i was.

The car sat for a month as well after I had changed the oil. Not sure if that has anything to do with it......

Technically 5w30 and 10w30 should be the same viscosity at oper. temperature. Usually the wider range though the oil breaks up easily (particularly dino). If the 5w30 was Pennzoil Platinum you're should not be burning that much. Anyway, pay attention to oil level.

I check the oil level every couple days....along with my water/coolant levels due to the POS Perrin overflow tank...

I used Royal Purple this last time....switching to penzoil platinum (10W40) for next oil change.....thats what Wukindada was using....

Still I would recommend compression and leakdown test. Good to know the health of the engine, especially when pushing so much power. Unless you believe in "ignorance is a bliss" approach ;)

^ When I have the time and the resources to do what I need to do, it will get done.....for right now, I am not pushing the car like I stole it anyhow. I checked the oil just yesterday. It is at the full line after having put a quart of 10W30 in it over a week and a half ago. I know I need to do a pressure test. Its just not my priority right now. The car is running fine.

at that price, the tranny would've been a remanufactored. a new 5eat is $6400 installed :eek:

My cost (employee cost and labor) for a new 5EAT is just under $8K. :(

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived