LegacyGT.com

Anymore thoughts on the Tein Comfort Sport Coilovers

HansGT

Haven't seen very many posts, yet these have been out for some time now. Very good reviews from the few members that have them. Seem to be a promising alternative to KW2's or even the countless strut/spring combo's. The lightest spring rate I've seen for coilovers which "should" translate to a smooth ride while filtering out the floaty stock ride. If you got'em post up.

(GT REV A Bilsteins w/Swifts here. Happy yes, but always looking for that next mod.)

Price range: $1500-1700

Tein has specially developed this damper system for sophisticated drivers seeking handling gains while maintaining full comfort and quietness. The mono-tube design provides smooth and luxurious ride feel with added stability for increased control. A gorgeous gold Chromate treatment gives the shock body added durability and long lasting shine. Comfort Sport provides the next level of sports performance without sacrifice.

Features:

- 16 levels of damping force

- Rubber mount A hard rubber upper mount is used for noise proofing.

- Inverted Steel shell Case for strut type

- The spring is constructed of the latest material with tensile strength of 200kgf/mm

- Ride height adjustable

- Newly designed spring seat, spring seat lock and bracket lock for trouble- free height adjustment

- Mono-tube shell case, constructed of steel shell case.

Tein Type CS Coilover Damper Kit Contents:

- 4x Adjustable shock absorber

- 4x Main Spring

- 4x Rubber upper mount

- 4x Lower spring seat

- 4x Seat lock

- 4x Bump Rubber

- 4x Dust cover

- 2x Hook spanner

- 1x Instruction manual

Reference: Tein Premium Spec Cruising Master Comfort Sport Coilover Damper Kit, Tein Type CS Coilover Damper Kit, Tein Premium Spec Comfort Sport Coilover Damper Kit

Front Rear

Spring Rate (kgf-mm/lbs-in) Front: 5/280 Rear: 6/336

Ride Height Drop (in.) -0.9 -0.6

Min Ride Height Adjustment Range (in.) -1.6 -1.6

Max Ride Height Adjustment Range (in.) -0.6 1.2

Upper Mount Type Rubber

I love my Tein CS!!!!!

People don't believe me when I tell them they are coilovers! Passes the wife, grandma, grandpa and kids in car seat tests!!!

Mine are the old style that are not EDFC compatible but I don't care about that.

I love them too- I have had them on the car now for almost 20,000 miles.

With the winter we have had the ride has been great. The roads have deteriorated but the ride hasn't. They are firmer than stock but not jarring like other coilovers. Like Leonardo said they pass the family test. Friends can't believe the ride given that they are coilovers.

I'm curious to see how they survived the winter from the salt and slush when I pull off the snows and put on the summer wheels. I'll keep you posted.

Leo- have you had yours rebuilt?

No rebuilds here yet. Don't feel like they need it yet.

Whats the life expectency? Had them for almost two years (20K milles this year alone!)

Watch now when I leave... :lol:

I heard that they should be good for 60k

• 3 weeks later...

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/bigbutt420/DSCN0513.jpg

Took the Comfort Sports off this past weekend as I am regretably getting rid of the Legacy as I am getting a Company Car.:( One bright side- no more car expenses. They are already sold

They held up really well this past winter- A little bit of rust but nothing serious. I coated them with Motorcycle Chainlube before the winter. I recommed these if you guys are looking for a coilover you can drive on all year. Ride was a little stiffer when the temp got really cold. Otherwise the ride is awesome.

Here's a pic after I cleaned them up- they still look like new.

I have the Tein Flex coilovers if anyone is interested...PM me for pricing. They have roughly 20-30K on it or so. I just bought them from another forum member, but i think i decide to stay stock...Thx

Guy at work has the EDFC on his WRX with FLEX coilovers. It's pretty damn cool to be able to adjust on the fly. But is it worth it...dunno. For me, I'd like to set it and forget it. But if you track the car or drive on various types of roads being able to adjust in the cabin is a great thing.

I can't imagine I would change it too much unless it made a significant difference

Big difference in ride from full soft to full hard. You'd notice. FLEX owner has both settings as presets...big difference. With CS I'd image it would be less.

• 1 month later...

Archived