LegacyGT.com

Help me mod my Legacy!

Hey all, first off let me just say I know it all comes down to what I want out of the car, what I am willing to spend, and what pleases me. I am stuck on a list of things to do and I just want your opinions, experiences, advice etc...

I plan on spending about $2000 this round on some mods for the Legacy. It is a BONE STOCK 08 LGT 5MT right now.

Here is my list to do:

HID

Suspension

TBE

Cobb AP

Wheels

That's about all I have planned for it right now. Obviously $2k won't buy me all of that so help me out.

For HID's I want a quality kit, so any suggestions on a good brand would be great.

For suspension I just want to close the gap, something cosmetic, but I don't want to sacrifice ride quality for performance, this is my daily. I am okay with the way it handles now and won't be tracking it often enough to justify a shitty ride. I was thinking Cobb Springs, S-Techs? Let me know.

Exhaust of I want something not too loud, but with a nice sound. I'm stuck between Perrin up and down pipe, or cobb for those two. Also between the Perrin CBE or Perrin Y-Pipe and Prodrive Mufflers.

Wheels, well, what can I say I want the Volk GT-V's but at 680 dollars a wheel it will probably be the last thing I do, unless you all know where I can get them for less expensive.

So what do you guys think I should put this money to, what brands, and what experiences have you had. Thanks for your help.

Oh, and before your whitt gets the best of your fingers, I have searched... and searched.... and searched for over a year now, I am just trying to figure out in what order to do things. HID's I've read a few threads about, but it has been a while so a refresher would be nice on good brands. Same thing for suspension. Feel free to post pics as well. Thanks all.

HIDs - Apexcone 55w from XenonExpert ($155)

TBE: Megan Racing Up and Downpipe ($295 total)

Cobb AP? Get a Tactrix cable and eTune ($150 total)

Rota wheels: $700

Some sway bars or springs: $350

Shop right and you will be well under budget!

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

You do know with a question like this if you ask 100 board members your going to get a 100 different answers as to whats most important to them or what they did first. If you have searched than you already know this. Just start somewhere and do the mods that are of most interest to you first.

hey i would like to do the same to my 05 lgt i just got a ecu done and up and down pipe + a tune but that was about a year ago now i need something new and a new up pipe sooooooooooo am a little frostrated. i dont know where to shop and need more parts. helpppppp!!!

Archived