LegacyGT.com

Factory installed Satellite radio...

DAVES XTOUTBK

Had XM Radio installed as option and love it. However, it seems like the stock radio unit casn only display part of the name of the song or artist and there is no way Subaru allowed us to be able to scroll left to right to read the whole thing...or am I missing something...?

Have you tried that "text" button on the headunit? Noticed the same issue when I play my iPod. It works but there is no display and I can only change songs by using the iPod, not the headunit.

Had XM Radio installed as option and love it. However, it seems like the stock radio unit casn only display part of the name of the song or artist and there is no way Subaru allowed us to be able to scroll left to right to read the whole thing...or am I missing something...?

No scrolling feature. It is a set amount of characters, which sucks. Sucks that our radio doesnt have RDS either.

the 'text' button just allows you to switch the info from "category name" to "channel name" to "artist name", etc...

Did you try holding the Text button down? I don't have the XM in my car, but I can see full MP3 filenames from an MP3 CD if I hold the text button down for a second or two.

Archived