LegacyGT.com

Short Throw Install instructions

scans007

Also with this shifter, the TALLER the bottom part is, the shorter the throw.....it goes against what you would think. If it's so low on the bottom, you can't get into 2nd cuz it's hitting the center console peice. So raise that thing up. and lower the top peice......

Good info, I just got mine in teh mail today, customs nabbed me for an extra $60 cdn (doh) but it looks like a nice piece.

Scans.. quick question, Im fairly n00b when it comes to modding, ive only really done the intake silencer removal which wasnt a problem.

How long do you think it will take to get the install done, any guesses? I dont have any bushings just the shifter

EDIT: me=lazy someone else in the thread said 30 mins, yet somehow I see this taking me longer... well see :)

When i installed mine I'd never done anything like it before.

Honestly 30-45 min tops i would say. Take your time, but its really not that hard. Make sure you have snap ring pliers though, you'll need them for the ring at the base of the shifter shaft.

When i installed mine I'd never done anything like it before.

Honestly 30-45 min tops i would say. Take your time, but its really not that hard. Make sure you have snap ring pliers though, you'll need them for the ring at the base of the shifter shaft.

I just bought them :icon_bigg , pricey ($30 cdn) but hell if it saves me the frustration seen here its worth it...

Ok im almost done my install. that snap ring was a biatch!!!1!

I think i bent it trying to get it out a little.

TWO questions:

1. if one of the little loops of the snap ring can slightly touch the ball of the shifter when it moves will this be a problem?

2. after I got the snap ring back in I noticed another larger diameter metal ring that is now on top of the bushing and snap ring should this be under the snap ring or just inside the black rubber?? if you have any idea what im talking about...

Ok im almost done my install. that snap ring was a biatch!!!1!

I think i bent it trying to get it out a little.

TWO questions:

1. if one of the little loops of the snap ring can slightly touch the ball of the shifter when it moves will this be a problem?

2. after I got the snap ring back in I noticed another larger diameter metal ring that is now on top of the bushing and snap ring should this be under the snap ring or just inside the black rubber?? if you have any idea what im talking about...

The snap ring is in and doing it's job if you can't pull the shifter up and out. You should be able to flaten it out with some pliers if you remove it again, but I can't imagine that edge will cause any issues with the shifter.

ignore him, he'll go away.

The other ring i just cut off, it didnt look important <eek> hopefully all will be good...

Just got it all finished...it took me awhile longer than expected but wasnt too bad.

It feels great, much better than stock, I adjusted it so it would clear that piece that can be cut off. Very short very snick snick snicky, I like it :)

I can see how anything but the stock bushing would be too much the stock bushing feels perfect imho.

Thanks for the guide, much better than cobbs!

Archived