LegacyGT.com

Short Throw Install instructions

scans007

I know this has been talked about......just finished installing my Cobb Double Adjustable STS and never really found step by step instructions on how to do so. So I took the liberty of creating some easy to follow instructions, hope they help

http://www.pimpmyauto.com/sts.htm

If you have any questions feel free to ask away as I had to hit Liquidq up for some hints.......THANX FOR THE HELP MAN......

Enjoy and I hope this will help everyone out!

I LOVE the shifting, it's not 1/2 as rough as I expected it to be. (compared to other cars and STS's) I lowered it all the way and then up three spins...it's awesome. The top part I have at the lowest setting too. Not gonna play with that until my new shift knob comes, but it's a TAD to low for me right now. I don't know the dem. of the STI SS so I can't say...sorry...

I say again, shifting is AWESOME compared to stock, if you've had a short throw you will love this. And if you haven't you still will love it....and with the double adjustable you can get it just the way you love it =)

Cool! I plan to get one of those in the future. Can you explain briefly how to adjust the height of the throw?

It's wicked easy...there are just two nuts, one on the top part of the shifter that will determine the hight of it, and there is one at the base of the shiter that will determine how short the throw will be. All you do is spin these 'nuts' to the desired location and tighten everything down......REAL SIMPLE....real easy.....

Be careful not to make the throw too short, as you could be able to shift faster than the syncro's can react ;) I really like mine though, got the height a bit lower than stock, but the throw much shorter. That way it's easier to shift (because of the leverage) but it's quick shifting because of the throw. Nice combo.

Be careful not to make the throw too short, as you could be able to shift faster than the syncro's can react ;) I really like mine though, got the height a bit lower than stock, but the throw much shorter. That way it's easier to shift (because of the leverage) but it's quick shifting because of the throw. Nice combo.
Took me two adjustments, 1st was a lil to low and a lil rough, now i've got it smooth as Butter.......I think I was too short....:rolleyes: (don't tell the ladies :lol: )

So he's right......start high and move lower prob safer for the syncro's...

• 7 months later...

Go off of brother scans007's main web-page:

http://www.pimpmyauto.com/

And then, go off of the "Install Instructions" radio-button/page:

http://www.pimpmyauto.com/installs.htm :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

You're always look'n out for me.......what a guy :D

Only because, Steve, your Pimpy site is just such a wonderful resource for us LGTers. :)

I'd give you a "thumbs-up smiley" if I could, bruddah. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 10 months later...

YES, that's something I might've forget, you need to push the metal outta the stock one, take a flat head, pop out the two plastic sides. Then Put the plastic sides on the cobb and slide the metal bearing throught.

That should fix you right up. Also with this shifter, the TALLER the bottom part is, the shorter the throw.....it goes against what you would think. If it's so low on the bottom, you can't get into 2nd cuz it's hitting the center console peice. So raise that thing up. and lower the top peice......

Oh and don't over tighten the screws....just use an alan wrench, they've been known to strip on occasion.....

Good luck....glad you got the hard part (snap ring)

its not caught up on the metal plate in the top left corner is it?

Some of the installs will suggest either cutting that piece or turning it around.

I have the kartboy one with no issues.

Bolt cutter... snip snip

http://www.stimpco.com/coppermine/albums/cars/LGT/normal_shifter-1.JPG

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Archived