LegacyGT.com

Just ordered my ACT clutch and LWFW

bigb3630123

Hey, if you dont mind me asking whered you guys order your clutch setups from.. I was planning on getting an ACT clutch and flywheel but I cant get a hold of a dealer to actually purchase one.

Hey, if you dont mind me asking whered you guys order your clutch setups from.. I was planning on getting an ACT clutch and flywheel but I cant get a hold of a dealer to actually purchase one.

I got mine from ImportImage. Excellent vendor! I got the Sprung 6-puck and LWFW. So far, outstanding performance. Click on the Vendor link on the nav bar above.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

thanks.. well one problem i had was for some reason some dealers its not letting me order it online.. so I tried calling one but i never get a hold of anyone.. maybe ill try import image.. thanks

huh.. so thats kinda weird. They sell the ACT clutches but with the Exedy flywheels.. I wonder why.

Got mine from Crucial Racing (supported Vendor).

Great price included shipping.

PM jeremy for details.

Also if you elect to remove the front axles, be careful not to damage the oil seals. I have had HUGE trouble getting them (dealers having trouble with correct part number).

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Ordered the clutch and flywheel monday, got it Wed, called the dealer Wed afternoon, Subaru put the stuff in on Thursday, and I was driving Thursday night. Thats the fastest order, shipping, and installation I have ever done with my car. Everything went completely fine, no problems at all which is pretty amazing. So Import Image was great with actually answering their phone, which some vendors dont, and shipping out the clutch kit. I am going to do another write up about the clutch itself, the Spec clutch I had, and the stock clutch. Oh, I guess I do have one problem now though, my check engine light came on. So I have no idea what thats about, It just happened and I havent read the code yet. So I need to find out what that is. Maybe a lightweight flywheel can somehow throw a code?? I dont know, I will see.

alright so the code is the stupid po304 code. I think its the fuel injector for the # 4 cylinder.. i have had this code before. so nothing to do with the clutch I dont believe. I am getting tired of this stupid code. It just comes on randomly for no reason it seems. I had it like 5 or 6 months ago.. then it went away.. came back the other day.. and now its gone again. So anyways, no worries.

my clutch goes in tomorrow morning............. can't wait for this misery to be over. Takes me 5 minutes to hit 65

someone finally understands my pain.. that is why a new clutch was the best mod I have ever done on my car. I could actually use all the power the car had. You should be quite ecstatic after you get it done..

Oh, one more thing. You will be surprised with how much less you have to push on the pedal to rev the car up to get into first. Its taken me almost a week to get out of that habit. I was pretty rev happy after I got the clutch in, I was just used to having to push the pedal down for a second or 2 before the revs came up, but not anymore!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new clutch/FW setup.

Engages consistently, unlike OEM.

Pedal is smooth, unlike OEM.

Shifts smoother, revs better......

Great upgrade.

Don't know how this compares to the monster power setups with the 6-puck disc.

Highly recommend the package.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Not yet....

been a whole 4 days though...

You do feel some NVH in the pedal that I'm sure the OEM anchor of a FW absorbed. Nothing that I would say is intrusive. Still better than the clutches from my '65s, '66, '88 mustangs, my '84 'yota pickup, my barely legal '80 RX7....

I think it is a great package for this car.

If I wanted luxury smooth, I would have bought the EAT

I had the noise when i first installed my Spec, had no idea what it was cause that was like 2 years ago maybe, but then after a month the noise just went away, but then came back some a few months ago. I do have some of that noise now with my ACT, but its off and on. And the noise isnt very loud, I cant hear anything when I am in my car. In the garage when I first start my car I can hear it some, but I really have no problem with the noise at all, mine is very quiet when it does make the noise. so..

Archived