LegacyGT.com

Subaru "technicians" at the dealership

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's with all those people posting without reading the goddamn thread?

IT

IS

NOT

ABOUT

THE

PRESSURE

DIFFERENCE

It is about a tech not doing a job and pretending to have done it. It was explained in my post clearly enough so a retarded monkey could understand and I've repeated it several times later all you have to do is READ IT before posting.

Jeez.

I was saying he did is job, but because of guage differences, you think he didnt. the preasures did change after the second time he brought the car back in. so whos to say his guage didnt read the right PSI.

I was saying he did is job, but because of guage differences, you think he didnt. the preasures did change after the second time he brought the car back in. so whos to say his guage didnt read the right PSI.

I can't tell if the pressure have changed or not after the second time because I only gauged the pressure once at the end.

When I had my car back after the service I asked them to put the constructor-recommended pressure because they wrote "set all tires to 32 psi" on the bill. And I even asked them if it was true or if there was just an error in the printing of the bill. I didn't needed to gauge it the first time.

And immediately after they brought the car back again, I checked it and it was 33 psi everywhere (technically, if he put the correct pressure in all the tires and my or his gauge was off I still could have seen a ~2 psi difference between the front and rear tires). I did not came back at them again as some people seem to think, I just adjusted the pressure myself with my own pump in the dealer's parking lot and left.

Its not fair to condemn all dealers for one dealer's fuckup.

Post up dealer's name so others can avoid them

+1.

All 3 of my technicians are Senior Master techs or Master techs who have been Subaru techs for at least 10 years each. They love their job and do it very well. No quick lube kids for me.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Do nitrogen filled tires lose pressure like air filled tires? Also, I suppose the green caps indicate a nitrogen fill?

Since air is roughly about 80% nitrogen - the answer is YES to the leak question.

The only difference that you may get is that nitrogen from a container is dry while compressed air contains some water (depends on humidity of the air when it was compressed and the compressors ability to separate the water).

This means that you aside from getting pure air into the tires you will get a tiny amount of water there too. But it doesn't really have any impact on your tires.

Air also contains roughly about 20% oxygen (for this case it really doesn't matter that I'm not exact in the figures, so forget about complaining.) and trace amounts of other gases, mostly carbon dioxide.

Anyway to get the least leakage you should strive after getting as large as possible molecules into your tires, and carbon dioxide may be a "better" alternative in that case. But it's safe to ignore that too.

In the case of longevity you may want to consider the oxygen in the air - but even that isn't doing much difference.

The only great difference it makes is that filling your tires with nitrogen instead of air is that you will get a greater impact on your wallet using nitrogen.

I assume that this is one item that's going to get the same way as stereo cables are going. The more expensive the gas is that I fill my tires with the better it must be. Maybe Radon gas is an alternative? :eek:

If green caps indicates nitrogen fill - well that's just a cap color (assuming you mean the tire caps). Anyone can buy a different colored cap and claim anything from hydrogen to radon.

453747.png

+1.

All 3 of my technicians are Senior Master techs or Master techs who have been Subaru techs for at least 10 years each. They love their job and do it very well. No quick lube kids for me.

I want to go to YOUR dealership!! ;)

I was at the Nissan dealer the other day, and sadly I knew MORE about my car and it's workings than the tech I was talking to did. :rolleyes:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised....

gr

I have nothing against their service people, it's just that their techs who work in the back who are just a bunch of monkeys who don't care about doing the job right.

I went to the dealership to have my annual inspection and oil change done.

The "tech" takes my car and drives it around the building. I had nothing else to do so I walked around to see the used cars they had and I found out by looking at the tracks in the snow that he did a little powerslide with my car when he turned the corner behind the dealership. I forgive them for that, I find it hard to resist too when turning around a snowy corner with nothing around. It just doesn't really makes professional.

The car is done and I get the paperwork. It says on the paper "Set all tires at 32 PSI". I appreciate that they took the time to adjust my tire pressure but the specs for my car are 35 in the front and 33 in the rear and I've already adjusted it recently. It's not like it's hard to find, it's written right on the inside of the driver's door frame. A subaru tech should know that. And I already know by experience that 32 PSI in the front will make the car handle like the tires were made of marshmallows which is neither fun or safe.

So I bring it to the attention of the guy at the counter who was young and apparently not very experienced. He tried a couple of BS excuses like "It's snowing and slippery outside so we adjust pressure accordingly" or "we adjust the pressure lower because of the cold" but I could see that he knew that he was wrong and shy about it and they had the car back in the bay for a quick pressure adjustment anyway so I didn't bothered arguing. I didn't wanted to be an asshole either.

The car came back, I paid and just by precaution before I took off I checked my tire pressure. They've put it at 33 psi for all wheels. I wasn't happy that a SUBARU "tech" can't get the tire pressure right on the first time, but the fact that he couldn't even get it right the second time even if it was clearly told to him really pissed me off. I took out my cigarette-lighter-plug-powered compressor out of the trunk and adjusted the pressure myself right there in front of the parts/service door. At this point, I decided to also check the oil level because I didn't trusted their techs anymore. At least they got the oil level right, sort of.

These are not big or serious mistakes, but they're clear sings that their techs don't give a damn about doing a good job. And I don't trust them anymore because of that. It was the last time I go to that dealership for service.

OMG i HATE people like you... ARRRGGHHHH!!!

+1.

the 2 techs who work on my car haven't been there 10 yrs, however the one is a master tech and the other is his underling... they are both extremely talented and gifted in the ways of all things go fast car related! :lol::) We are already strategizing about the coming STI... what to do???

Spent the afternoon with our SOA techs again, and I will say, I brought this thread up as we were breaking down my tires and rims and filling them with air. The one tech in particular, got a good kick out of it, especially since he used to own his own shop for 20 yrs (I used to go to that shop). His response: "He's got a crappy guage. Guarantee the shop's guage is more accurate than his walmart special."

:lol::lol::lol:

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Well, I guess that at it would be obviously pointless for me to repeat it again so I'm just going to post a picture of my bill so maybe some people will get the point once and for all:

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/3882/billkc3.jpg

This is why I asked them to put the constructor-recommended pressure in the first place.

You can't say that it is because my gauge was off for the simple reason that I didn't need to use it on the first time. It was a legitimate request to ask the dealer to respect the constructor's recommendations.

When they brought the car back, I checked myself with my gauge for the first time and the gauge read 33 psi everywhere which means that the front and rear tires were inflated at the same pressure which means that they obviously haven't even tried to put the recommended pressure in because there is supposed to be a 2 psi difference between the front and rear tires. Even the most miscalibrated or miszeroed gauge would've shown that the front and rear tires were at a different pressure if they were.

What I think that happened is that all they've done is drive the vehicle around the building, waited a little and brought it back to me with all 4 tires still at 32 psi. And because my gauge is off 1 psi, it said 33 psi.

This is what the concern is about. Techs pretending to do answer a legitimate request.

And I did not came back to them a second time, I adjusted the pressure myself and left.

Ahem, i also have had bad service at my dealership. One of the mud flaps came off, it was 2 months since i ordered a new one and nothing. So i phoned the dealership again, and they said they had no idea what i was talking about, as if to say i never ordered it. Irritating.

Then when i took my 07 LGT in for its second oil change, i asked just for the oil change but they did a "routine maintenance at 12000k" thing. I was a little ticked since i never asked for it but they did it anyways. Not to mention the fact that no car that was built in 2007 should need any type of maintenance at 12000k except for an oil change.

Wouldn't it be nice if people just listened?

/rant off

I hope you just paid for just the oil change. Actually 12k is just an oil change.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Well, I guess that at it would be obviously pointless for me to repeat it again so I'm just going to post a picture of my bill so maybe some people will get the point once and for all:

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/3882/billkc3.jpg

This is why I asked them to put the constructor-recommended pressure in the first place.

You can't say that it is because my gauge was off for the simple reason that I didn't need to use it on the first time. It was a legitimate request to ask the dealer to respect the constructor's recommendations.

When they brought the car back, I checked myself with my gauge for the first time and the gauge read 33 psi everywhere which means that the front and rear tires were inflated at the same pressure which means that they obviously haven't even tried to put the recommended pressure in because there is supposed to be a 2 psi difference between the front and rear tires. Even the most miscalibrated or miszeroed gauge would've shown that the front and rear tires were at a different pressure if they were.

What I think that happened is that all they've done is drive the vehicle around the building, waited a little and brought it back to me with all 4 tires still at 32 psi. And because my gauge is off 1 psi, it said 33 psi.

This is what the concern is about. Techs pretending to do answer a legitimate request.

And I did not came back to them a second time, I adjusted the pressure myself and left.

I bet you that that line is printed on every service reciept regarless if they check preassure or not. my old dealership used to do that.

Archived