LegacyGT.com

Pad and rotor upgrade advice needed

Val Demar

And I've yet to see a "street" pad stop as well. Quiet as can be for me. :)

So far, i like to use a entry level track pad because our cars are so heavy that the brakes heat up fairly quickly after the first stop.

So far the DBA4000s is the way to go for a rotor replacement that is better than stock due to the venting to say the least (but I havent had an issue with just stock rotors).

Finding the right pad is really the trick. Hawk HP+ or anything similar like that for a pad is good for more aggressive stopping.

Keefe

So far, i like to use a entry level track pad because our cars are so heavy that the brakes heat up fairly quickly after the first stop.

So far the DBA4000s is the way to go for a rotor replacement that is better than stock due to the venting to say the least (but I havent had an issue with just stock rotors).

Finding the right pad is really the trick. Hawk HP+ or anything similar like that for a pad is good for more aggressive stopping.

Maybe it's just 'my local parts guy' - but I've asked him about those; he stands by the Ulltimates as the best pad for mostly-street/some track use.

But you're right - folks need to research and try different pads until they find one they like. :)

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

Troof!! Any one of KOP brake combos is at an excellant price. Don't miss out on those deals!!

Go check out the Vendor ads. KingofParts offering Hawk HPS pads and DBA rotors.

Alright, I'm an idiot, can anyone provide me a link? I came seem to find these rotor pad deals..

I had heard from various members not to run HP+ on the street.

Most had said to run HPS if you are not tracking your car.

What do you think Keefe anymore opinions on this?

What about colder climates where it get fairly low temps in the winter?

• 8 months later...

We sell OE-type blanks, slotted and slotted/XD. They are even coated on non contact surfaces to prevent the rusting effect :)

We have even had people track the blanks and many more use the slotted and slotted/XD on the street.

Lemme know if I can help, thanks.

http://www.liteswap.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=L&Category_Code=LGTSpecial

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

After a few thousand miles with the HAWK HPS, I've concluded they aren't any better performaning than OEM. I prefer pads to bite great, right from the top. The Hawks bite - but really only under HARD braking...the last half of the pedal if that makes sense.
SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

^ I would have to disagree. In my experience you can feel them start to grab the minute you push the pedal. Not so with the stockers. I would agree under hard braking they are way better. In fact my wifes new chrysler minivan were better brakes than my stockers. Now when I go from my car to hers, I am always too late on the brakes because I am used to mine grabbing sooner than before.

We sell OE-type blanks, slotted and slotted/XD. They are even coated on non contact surfaces to prevent the rusting effect :)

We have even had people track the blanks and many more use the slotted and slotted/XD on the street.

Lemme know if I can help, thanks.

http://www.liteswap.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=L&Category_Code=LGTSpecial

I'll second that. When I have a question about brakes or need replacement parts, I go directly to liteswap.com. What they do is brakes. When you post a question on any forum, you'll get some good, and some not-so-good advice. Unless you really know what you're doing, sometimes it's hard to tell which is which. Just my two cents - from experience:)

One problem with OEMs is that they DO leave deposits on the rotors causing vibration. I had to have my rotors turned 3 times in the first 30k, switched to Hawk HPS, so far so good. To be honest I also got DBA 4000s in front at the same time, so this may not be a proper comparison but I do like the action of HPS better, less fade, smoother, more predictable, allow for better modulation. They need to be warmed up a bit though for stronger bite.

I'll second that. When I have a question about brakes or need replacement parts, I go directly to liteswap.com. What they do is brakes. When you post a question on any forum, you'll get some good, and some not-so-good advice. Unless you really know what you're doing, sometimes it's hard to tell which is which. Just my two cents - from experience:)

Thanks Frank.

We just lowered pricing some until the end of December. Prices INCLUDE shipping. The KOP/5star rotors are good OEM replacements, and so are these. But with ours, you will have a rust proof coating. Plus a GREAT deal on Hawk HPS should you decide to upgrade brake pads at the same time.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

Archived